Author Topic: multiclass confusion  (Read 1767 times)

skavengear

multiclass confusion
« on: February 24, 2010, 02:49:26 PM »
i was reading martial power 2 looking for new character ideas and saw the averian knight paragon path. its a multiclass path which requires infernal pact class feature or pact initiate. how do the multiclassing work? can someone explain this. my charatcer is a 10th level fighter if that helps in the explanation

thank you
-dave g

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Re: multiclass confusion
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 04:16:29 PM »
Scope out the multi-class feat options in the PHB.  That should clear up any confusion.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

skavengear

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 07:21:24 PM »
thats the thing, its not very clear in the phb. do i basically take it just like any other feat and thats it im a warlock or does taking the feat take the place of paragon pathing as suggested by "paragon multiclassing"

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 02:17:34 AM »
Yeah, taking any of the multiclass feats makes you count as the class corresponding with it for all intents and purposes.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Unit04

• Heroic Tier Level 6
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 11:19:49 AM »
Paragon Multiclassing is something different.  If you take all the power swapping feats, you can forgo a paragon path and instead get more abilities from your other class. 

As Chase said, if you take the first multiclass feat, you qualify as being part of that class.  If you are a fighter and take a Warlock multiclass feat, you can take either Warlock or Fighter Paragon paths, or a path that requires both, or Paragon Multiclass.  Keep in mind that not all multiclass feats give you all the features of a class.  For example, the PHB multiclass feat, Pact Initiate [Multiclass Warlock], will qualify you for having a pact, but the multiclass feat found in Arcane Power Student of Malediction [Multiclass Warlock], qualifies you as having the Warlock Curse class feature.