Author Topic: LORD OF THE RINGS  (Read 2566 times)

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
LORD OF THE RINGS
« on: May 02, 2010, 11:53:59 AM »
Over the summer I have a lot of projects I'm trying to finish at Battleground.  Painting and finishing my 1500 point White Scars army, gluing my BFG ships to bases, painting the rest of my Epic guard, repainting my Chaos Dwarfs, plus a few other minor things.  But something I've been really interested in doing (now that I've finally seen the movies :p) is pulling out what I have left of Lord of the Rings and putting together a force again.

Lord of the Rings plays quite differently than Fantasy or 40k, and you really don't need that much to start.  As I don't have much of my Harad left, I'll almost be starting from scratch with them.  Anyone interested in joining me?
It's the throwing phase now.

i was on the receiving end on occasion

Commissar Grey

• God
Re: LORD OF THE RINGS
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 11:18:22 PM »

As much as I would like to, I have to decline as I also am stretched with gaming commitments.  Might I suggest you start with your BFG project, we have a 2,000 point game in a bit over 2 weeks!
  Wouldn't mind trying Epic, as I mentioned, I have some Space Marines (Blood Angels) painted from when the game was called Space Marine.

The Imperial Battlefleet is assembled and being provisioned before deployment into Xeno occupied space.  Damn Tau will be eradicated!!!  ;)

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 11:39:47 AM »
Don't worry, BFG is first.  That's going to be just a one day project.  Also, could you bring your Epic that day? I'm interested in seeing them again, since they're so much older than most of my stuff.

The Tau battlefleet and Demiurg allies are ready to take the space that is rightfully theirs.
It's the throwing phase now.

i was on the receiving end on occasion

Commissar Grey

• God
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 10:20:25 PM »

Sure, I will bring them too.

Telcontar

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 01:24:01 PM »
I would be interested in getting a SBG or WoTR game going.

Opforce3

• God
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 01:31:36 PM »
I have about 800 pts of Gondor

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"Doin' what I can with what I got."
-Burt Gummer

6/4/11 NEVER FORGET

Telcontar

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 03:44:02 PM »
Most of my stuff is Gondor as well.

Shadow76

• Heroic Tier Level 3
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2011, 04:36:34 AM »
I am coming to the area on June 1st, for about 9 months.  I have some LOTR models but never played.  I have been reading alot  about the WOTR and it sounds like I might like it.  If you guys are still looking for people, I would be greatly interested.  I will have a ton of free time to play these type of games.