Author Topic: To everyone please  (Read 1625 times)

Imp

• Paragon Tier Level 15
  • ImpsCorner.com
    • Imp's Corner
To everyone please
« on: May 01, 2010, 12:38:10 AM »
here is a question for everyone and anyone that has played a RPG

I am asking everyone to do a survey about a forthcoming project i am working on. 
Please even if you have even played one game with some friend.  I want to hear from everyone, young, old, experienced and newbies alike!

Thinking about a single adventure/single game

What do you like most about the Adventure?

What did you not like about the Adventure?

If you would change or add anything to make it more enjoyable what would that be?
Children yet, the tale to hear, Eager eye and willing ear, Lovingly shall nestle near.  In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die: Ever drifting down the stream --Lingering in the golden gleam --Life, what is it but a dream?

Grand Master Steve

Re: To everyone please
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 09:02:52 PM »
being able to act like a totaly different person and not just swing a sword and say "ME SMASH!"

A little to much time dungeon crawling not enough acting out the characters

Add more time for character developement and I say this for any game.

Imp

• Paragon Tier Level 15
  • ImpsCorner.com
    • Imp's Corner
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 10:40:43 PM »
Thanks for getting the ball rolling Steve.   

Everyone please, there are no wrong answers, this is more of a survey than anything to help me develop a few things.   you can check some sneak peeks on twitter

Shameless linkage
Children yet, the tale to hear, Eager eye and willing ear, Lovingly shall nestle near.  In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die: Ever drifting down the stream --Lingering in the golden gleam --Life, what is it but a dream?

Warpedfuzz

• Paragon Tier Level 16
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 10:33:16 AM »
Throw in a challenge once in awhile. Not always just a big monster/boss. I've had GMs that have added trapped brain puzzles that ended up needing solved to continue. I think this gets you thinking as well as making your character act like it may not always act like. A good creative back story and a real reason to be doing whatever helps too. Not just go there and kill stuff.
~ Lead, follow, or get the HELL out of my way! ~

KingElthur

• Heroic Tier Level 8
    • The Gate Stormers
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 12:31:40 AM »
What do you like most about the Adventure?

It was engrossing, pulling you in and making you actually get the feeling that these things were happening.

What did you not like about the Adventure?

Adapting systems mid-game due to new releases, XP seemed a bit too combat driven, preventing "character growth".

If you would change or add anything to make it more enjoyable what would that be?

Nothing off the top of my head, mostly because ultimately these things tend to really depend on the group and the person running the game. If you want to talk more about this, you have my number, or you can get it from Earl.