Author Topic: PLANETARY ASSAULT  (Read 1574 times)

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
PLANETARY ASSAULT
« on: July 07, 2010, 12:05:36 AM »
"They've broken through our rear lines."

The Aun'O considered the statement for a moment, and smiled.  "Not to worry.  If they won't submit to us, they'll have to face the full might of our weapons.  If they think what they faced was even a microscopic amount of our firepower, they will find themselves very quickly mistaken.  The defenses around this planet are something the likes of an expeditionary force such as those humans have never seen.  Here is where they will fall.

Tomorrow (July 7, 2010) John and I will be playing a rather large Battlefleet Gothic game.  2500 points, planetary assault with his Imperial Fleet making a final charge for my Tau's home planet concluding what's now been basically a 3 years long fight.  Anyone interested in seeing how a game is played will be welcome to come watch a turn or two (I'm sure you won't want to stay for longer  ;D) and we can answer any questions you have as we play.  It should be a great looking game, so I hope to see people there interested in the game or even playing games.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 12:08:44 AM by Rob S »
It's the throwing phase now.

i was on the receiving end on occasion

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
Re: PLANETARY ASSAULT
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 02:12:04 AM »
Retreat!  Disengage!

The Aun'O barked orders from the bridge of his Explorer class ship as it shook from explosions tearing apart its hull.  Somehow, it found itself in the middle of a firestorm of enemy weapons.  The battle was well fought, but he was well aware where it was going.  As one flank stood heavily damaged and the other unprotected, the landing ships of the Imperial Navy were going to take the planet.  It would make no sense to fight to the death.  They had to regroup, repair, and recolonize.  This was their time and they would take this sector, but for now the enemy was simply too strong.

He ordered a full withdrawl.  As his ships fled at maximum speed, he left behind the detonating orbital defenses and came into contact with the Demiurg allies who also fled.  There were other planets, they would make a base on one where they could prepare for war again.

What a great game that was.  John managed to overpower me on a flank and we ended the game as it was apparent he would break through with this transport squadron, spearheaded by an Emperor battleship.  A few people were watching the game, and I'd ask anyone still interested in playing to just set up a time with me.  I have a fairly large fleet so we can easily seperate them if you just want to see how it's played.  Also, there's quite a few people at the store who can answer any questions anybody may have about the game.  We're always looking for more players. :)

The Tau may have lost the fight, but they will not be forced out of the Gothic sector.  This is their time, this is for the Greater Good.
It's the throwing phase now.

i was on the receiving end on occasion