Author Topic: Warhammer Histortical Trafalgar game  (Read 14267 times)

StrategicCommand

• Paragon Tier Level 11
    • Strategic Command Wargaming Club
    • Email
Re: Warhammer Histortical Trafalgar game
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2011, 10:33:14 AM »
No Problem... I will be at BG Plainville on Tuesday Nights... This Tuesday I will be running a couple Traflagar games and hopefully getting in a Fantasy game as well...

Now I am still getting used to the rule set so there will be alot of book looking :) I have made player aids though... laminated reference tables etc...
Strategic Command Wargaming Club
Plan, Command, Control
www.wargamingclub.com

StrategicCommand

• Paragon Tier Level 11
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2011, 10:55:23 AM »
WOW... so last night Wade and I brough out three ships each and had a GREAT fleet engagement.  Relearning the rules took some time but soon the turns started to flow easily.  In the end Wade's 1st Rate limped off the seas of battle with some fire damage on his decks but my fleet in ruin.  Of course my third rate and 1st rate collided sinking both...so I gave him the win... GOOD JOB Wade!
Plan, Command, Control
www.wargamingclub.com

StrategicCommand

• Paragon Tier Level 11
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2011, 10:56:27 AM »
Saturday Night saw a great test game with Matt and I.  We each had 1000 pts of British and French ships.

British Fleet:   1:  1st Rate 100 Guns, 3: Large 3rd Rates 74 Guns
French Fleet:  2: 1st Rates 118 Guns, 2: Large 3rd Rates 74 & 80 Guns

The End of the game saw me with one 3rd Rate with her Hull torn out by the coast line of one island and The same with one of the British 3rd rates after I de-masted her and she drifted into the island as well. Other British ships were severely damaged in their rigging and my 1st Rate was half way gone from cannon fire...  victory to the French this day...

Plan, Command, Control
www.wargamingclub.com

StrategicCommand

• Paragon Tier Level 11
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2011, 12:10:00 PM »
Another good game last night.   Matt and I squared off again with British and French Fleets at 1000 pts.  The dice were definitely in my favor and sorry for Matt he could not make a save to save his ships sails. 

The game was consistant in weather... Fog and rain for 8 turns and becalmed the next... ugh...

It ended with one of my 3rd rates exploding as a fire hit the powder magazines. All but one of Matt's fleet de-masted and drifting.

I wonder about different ships now... I only have 3rd rates through 1st rates with 1 or 2 4th and 5th rates... I need to get some frigates and unrated vessels to see the difference in sailing and fighting.  maybe next time adding upgrades or something.
Plan, Command, Control
www.wargamingclub.com

StrategicCommand

• Paragon Tier Level 11
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2011, 12:59:37 AM »
What a great game today.  Wade and I started out with 1000 points each, British and French ( the only fleets I own) and played the "Pursuit" scenario.  WHAT A GREAT TIME... Wade needed to get a selected ship across the board and out of reach of my blockading ships.  In the end I left 4 of Wades ships de-masted and one de-crewed with only two escaping the board injured but out of range of my guns. It was one of the ships that made it off the board that was the chosen ship (i did not know which was the one picked)

GREAT GAME... can';t wait till next Tuesday.

Plan, Command, Control
www.wargamingclub.com