Author Topic: Announcing: Battleground Games & Hobbies - Plainville MA  (Read 3716 times)

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Announcing: Battleground Games & Hobbies - Plainville MA
« on: September 14, 2010, 07:03:54 PM »
Hello guys!

I'm here to proudly announce that Battleground's second location at 25 Taunton Street in Plainville MA, 7 minutes away from Gillette Stadium in Foxboro and on the border of Rhode Island, is now OPEN FOR BUSINESS!

As some of you may know, Battleground is a retail gaming store that specializes in card games, miniature games, board games, and role-playing games. We carry all of the top-selling products from each of these categories and strive to provide the highest level of service to the ever-growing community of gamers that have supported us since we opened our first store in Abington MA in 2002.

Come down and check out our new spot!

The majority of space in the store is given over to areas for people to play the games they love. We have six 4' x 6' gaming tables in the front of the store that are available for people to use whenever they want. Two large tables capable of seating 20 players a piece are also available for card players and board gamers.  This is the standard operating set up day to day, week to week.  All of Battleground's play space is free for anyone to use for gaming during all hours we are open.

Battleground also hosts a variety of tournaments and special events for those who enjoy playing their favorite games competitively. We have a very robust and ever-growing Magic: The Gathering crowd and our Friday night and Saturday tournaments are a great place for new players or veterans to try out their standard decks or enter one of our draft tournaments.  We run various events during the week too; like 4-man EDH melees, drafts, team drafts, and standard tournaments.

Miniature games are also popular at the store. Warhammer 40k, Warhammer Fantasy Battles, Warmachine, D&D Miniatures, and more, all see frequent play. Tables and terrain are always available for customers to use.

Our message boards and facebook page are a great place to connect with other players with similar interests; if you're new to the store or the community, make sure to pop in and introduce yourself there.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Abington-MA/Battleground-Games-Hobbies/68808440618?ref=search

Message Boards: http://www.battlegroundgames.com/forum/

Battleground also supports a large base of role-players for a variety of different games. Dungeons & Dragons, Star Wars, White Wolf, and many more, are strongly represented. Wednesday night D&D Encounters groups are a great place to meet and connect with like minded gamers.  In addition, the Battleground staff will do its best to help direct you to a group of players that will make for a good match. Again, the message boards are a great place to look for others who seek to put a gaming group together.

Battleground also features a video game center where people can compete against other players in the store or against players online. We currently have 4 separate XBOX stations. We carry the most popular titles for the system and customers can pay by the hour to use them. Occasionally, we also host tournaments for games like Halo and Call of Duty.

At Battleground, we are committed to providing the best gaming experience we can in our friendly, clean, and deeply-stocked game store. Our knowledgeable staff will work hard to make sure your visit with us is as rewarding as possible.

Store Hours:*

Monday: 12 pm - 10 pm
Tuesday: 12 pm - 10 pm
Wednesday: 12 pm - 10 pm
Thursday: 12 pm - 10 pm
Friday: 12 pm - 11 pm
Saturday: 10 am - 10 pm
Sunday: 11 am - 7 pm
* Battleground is often open considerably later than the posted hours.

Contact Info:

Battleground Games and Hobbies
25 Taunton Street, Rte 152
Plainville MA 02762
Tel: 508-316-1195
Email: Chase@battlegroundgames.com
Website:  www.battlegroundgames.com - note, as of this posting the website does not reflect the existence of the Plainville location.

Our Grand Opening Celebration will be held on October 16th.  Come hang out, meet some people and win some prizes!

Tournaments for Magic: The Gathering, Warhammer 40k, Warhammer Fantasy, and Warmachine, will follow soon after the Grand Opening Celebration.

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Rurouni Benshin

• God
  • Oro?
Re: Announcing: Battleground Games & Hobbies - Plainville MA
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 08:34:26 PM »
Awesome pictures, guys!  I can't wait to come visit!  ;D
"This One Is Rurouni... Once Again, This One Will Drift."

Warhammer 40,000
Space Marines: 93-15-18
Apocalypse: 9-2-3
Tournaments: 7-7-1
Tale of 16 Gamers: 0-0-1

Grammar: Contractions 0/1/0
Number of games I've managed to play since Tristan's arrival: 70

DarkAngelsGuy

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 03:44:44 PM »
I'll be there!
I like to go home, pour some whiskey, and have a surplus of units to pick from.

You are a scholar.

StrategicCommand

• Paragon Tier Level 11
    • Strategic Command Wargaming Club
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 08:10:05 PM »
Same here... I will be there as well... I will have all my armies with me for many many games if possible...
Strategic Command Wargaming Club
Plan, Command, Control
www.wargamingclub.com