Author Topic: 4E Question  (Read 2127 times)

cryptoron

• Epic Tier Level 24
4E Question
« on: October 08, 2010, 01:46:09 PM »
I think I'm missing something.  On page 82 of Monster Manual 3 the Lesser Fire Elemental.  Apparently it has NO fire resistance?  NONE?  That doesn't seem to make sense.  Is it explained anywhere?  I know it has the subtype (fire) but when you look that up all it says is that it is "connected" with the fire element.  It doesn't say anything about being resistant to fire.
"A Thunderhawk full of Necrons...WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW!!!!!"

Imp

• Paragon Tier Level 15
  • ImpsCorner.com
    • Imp's Corner
Re: 4E Question
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 02:53:11 PM »
For some reason they decided  (or misprinted) that pure elementals no longer have resistance to their own elements

basically;  Fire Elemental + more fire = no fire

the only reason i can see for doing this is the lvl in which the pure elements are at, they prolly didn't want a lvl 2 or 3 fire mage feeling bad that they can hurt this lvl 1 lesser fire elemental
Children yet, the tale to hear, Eager eye and willing ear, Lovingly shall nestle near.  In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die: Ever drifting down the stream --Lingering in the golden gleam --Life, what is it but a dream?

Eastie04

• Heroic Tier Level 8
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 05:32:30 PM »
I know what we're fighting next session!  ;)

-Kurt

Jess

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 02:10:45 AM »
House rule it, resist 20 fire :)
Me: Mending isn't healing, if Todd's shirt rips I can "mend" it.
Kurt: That's just a racial ability you have.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010, 03:03:34 AM »
I agree with Adam's logic and feel like Jess's solution seems about right.

Balanced around lower level PC's is fine, but a fire elemental shouldn't be bothered by most fire.  It's just not right.

Remember, first and foremost the game is meant to be messed with.  If you don't like something, change it! :)

I sure as hell wouldn't let the fire elemental take full fire damage.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Imp

• Paragon Tier Level 15
  • ImpsCorner.com
    • Imp's Corner
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2010, 04:48:32 PM »
It's amazing what incite you get from having to basically memorize the SRD will do
Children yet, the tale to hear, Eager eye and willing ear, Lovingly shall nestle near.  In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die: Ever drifting down the stream --Lingering in the golden gleam --Life, what is it but a dream?

cryptoron

• Epic Tier Level 24
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 08:48:07 PM »
Also, is anyone else having problems downloading updates for the D&D Character Builder?
"A Thunderhawk full of Necrons...WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW!!!!!"

Imp

• Paragon Tier Level 15
  • ImpsCorner.com
    • Imp's Corner
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2010, 11:43:44 AM »
if your running windows 7 or vista, right click the update and "run as administrator"

found that on the wizards forums after my updates wouldn't take (windows 7 home premium) works fine after i did it