Author Topic: geting ping pong table for planvil  (Read 1719 times)

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27
  • "No, but have you hearda' Magic?"
geting ping pong table for planvil
« on: November 14, 2010, 04:05:27 PM »
I'm going to make one for public use. Hoping chase is still on board. Ill be buying the wood once I know everything is cool with chase and space. I wanted to know if there any interest for games and thing thinking about doing a Thursday night tourney. Input and ideas would be cool also would anyone want to paint BC on it for I am a bad painter thanks.  -ed

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Re: geting ping pong table for planvil
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 03:53:28 AM »
I'm going to make one for public use. Hoping chase is still on board. Ill be buying the wood once I know everything is cool with chase and space. I wanted to know if there any interest for games and thing thinking about doing a Thursday night tourney. Input and ideas would be cool also would anyone want to paint BC on it for I am a bad painter thanks.  -ed

I forgot to mention this to Derek tonight.  I will ask him what he thinks when I see him this Thursday, Ed.

As much as I would love to be able to play Ping Pong at the store when it's quiet I'm thinking the answer may have to be a "no" due to safety issues.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27
  • "No, but have you hearda' Magic?"
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 03:14:44 PM »
sam would eat one of the balls no pun

KingElthur

• Heroic Tier Level 8
    • The Gate Stormers
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 02:26:38 AM »
Chase, you already allow us to play with glue, paint, and various sharp implements. I don't see how adding a ping pong table to that mix could be a negative.

DarkAngelsGuy

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 11:27:35 AM »
Where there is a pong table, the beer would surely follow.

In all no nonsense though, I would not like to see a ping-pong table at the store. I have an equation for this:

Adolescents + Paddles and Moving objects + Mountain Dew = Mass Destruction and Reprimand

It would be too much to monitor, accidents will happen, and you cannot restrict the table to certain individuals because you have to be fair & honest to the mass majority of all the consumers of the store.

I apologize for being a downer on this one, because I would love to play pong if the situation was better suited for it.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 11:30:21 AM by DarkAngelsGuy »
I like to go home, pour some whiskey, and have a surplus of units to pick from.

You are a scholar.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 05:00:03 PM »

Adolescents + Paddles and Moving objects + Mountain Dew = Mass Destruction and Reprimand

It would be too much to monitor, accidents will happen, and you cannot restrict the table to certain individuals because you have to be fair & honest to the mass majority of all the consumers of the store.

Wisdom.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Grimwulfe

• God
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, 03:18:18 PM »
Dont forget about the crazy nut job thats going to go ape $hit when a ping pong wrecks his finely painted model.
Dark Star Founding Member
NOVA 2011 Trios Team Champions
NOVA 2012 Trios Team Champions
WGC 2013 Doubles Best Sportman
NOVA 2013 Trios Team Champions
DaBoyz GT 2013 Best Theme 1st Place
Adepticon Champ 2014 Best Imperial Showing
Adepticon Team 2014 Best Imperial Showing