Author Topic: New player  (Read 2013 times)

tic-tac-jac

• Email
New player
« on: December 11, 2010, 10:40:34 AM »
Hey,
ive been interested in playing d&d for a while now but i never have anyone to play with. Ive never played it before but i understand the general rules and i have the v. 3.5 core rulebooks. So, i was wondering if u are having campaigns that i could come and watch/take part in. and if i could have help making a character or something. that would be great!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 10:49:37 AM by tic-tac-jac »

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Re: New player
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 03:53:36 PM »
Hey man, which store do you live closest to?
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

tic-tac-jac

• Email
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 05:55:14 PM »
i dont know but i live in north attleboro

Sam

• Global Moderator
  • Heroic Tier Level 3
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2010, 11:58:03 PM »
So do I! You're right near the Plainville store. We have a D&D Encounters game every Wednesday night at 7:00. It's a 4th edition game, one encounter per week, usually running until 9:00 or 9:30. The new edition is fairly different from 3.5 in terms of the mechanics, but in terms of rolling dice and being an adventurer, the basics are the same. Feel free to drop in and watch, or join! There are pre-generated characters, so no 4e rules knowledge is needed. If you want to make a character of your own, or just to chat about D&D a while, feel free to drop by early. I'm pretty much there all day.

I don't know of any other campaigns running at the store, but Wednesday evenings are probably a good time to see if anyone wants to get together and start one. I'm planning to do a 4e game based on Lord of the Rings at some point, but that's still in the early planning stages. If anyone out there wants to get a game going, chime in! We could use another DM around here.

tic-tac-jac

• Email
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 06:35:01 PM »
That sounds great. i will definately stop by if im not busy. do u play with yuonger kids cuz im 15

Sam

• Global Moderator
  • Heroic Tier Level 3
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2010, 09:00:52 PM »
We play with whoever shows up! If you can make it, I'll see you Wednesday!

tic-tac-jac

• Email
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2010, 09:08:30 PM »
ok great! if i come should i bring any of my rule books

Sam

• Global Moderator
  • Heroic Tier Level 3
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2010, 09:26:23 PM »
The Encounters game uses the 4e D&D Essentials rules, so if you have any of those books, feel free to bring them. It's not required, though. If you want to haul any 3.5 books along to use as reference for general D&D chat, that's fine, too. Forgive me if I leave my 3.5 collection at home; it fills about two shelves, and is heavier than I want to deal with on a regular basis.