Author Topic: Plainville's Official "Unofficial" Tuesday 40k  (Read 298154 times)

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
Re: Plainville's Unofficial Thursday 40k
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2011, 04:30:43 AM »
Another great 40k night tonight. There were two one-on-one games (Chaos Space Marines vs. Sisters/IG and Necrons vs. Dark Eldar), and a 2v2 game (Sisters/IG & Space Marines vs. Blood Angels & Tau) practicing for the events at this year's TempleCon. So three diverse tables going, and a fourth with a Fantasy game with a sweet looking Tomb Kings army. A few more weeks like this and we'll have to get a bouncer and some velvet ropes.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2011, 04:58:19 PM »
Wednesday night into Thursday we could be seeing up to another foot of snow. Meh! Hard to keep any plans this week without knowing how problematic the weather is going to be or not be. (That is the question.)

If the roads are clear, I'm there, showing up with my proxy Noise Marines list, ready to melt faces and rock the ladies.

Dissimulation

• Heroic Tier Level 5
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2011, 08:03:48 PM »
I'm gonna try to show up on Thursday with my friend bassma (space marines) and possibly theron (orks) as long as the weather doesn't prevent it.
Time for my tau jumpy phase

Wes

• Heroic Tier Level 5
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2011, 06:08:25 PM »
I'm gonna try to show up on Thursday with my friend bassma (space marines) and possibly theron (orks) as long as the weather doesn't prevent it.

Yay, Finally coming?

Dissimulation

• Heroic Tier Level 5
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2011, 08:30:42 PM »
I came today, However, I had to leave unexpectedly at 6:40. I didn't get to play any games D:.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2011, 02:12:41 AM »
I came today, However, I had to leave unexpectedly at 6:40. I didn't get to play any games D:.
I must have just missed you, I was in at 6:45.

There were about 10 people playing Magic, a heady WH Fantasy game, a 40k game (which Wes & I played to a draw) and Castle Ravenloft board game was busted out. That game looks fun, like Battlestar Galactica and Betrayal at House on the Hill had a D&D baby that was actually fun.

Dissimulation

• Heroic Tier Level 5
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2011, 07:40:02 AM »
Oh well, I can't really stay too late on thursdays anyway. So I probably won't be able to play at many of these nights.

Wes

• Heroic Tier Level 5
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2011, 04:30:34 PM »

There were about 10 people playing Magic, a heady WH Fantasy game, a 40k game (which Wes & I played to a draw)
[/quote]

Which ended up as an epic morale victory for the Necrons of over 1000 VP ( see: Tie ) Unfortunately between daemon princes getting murdered and some of the most unlucky rolling I've seen, the last remaining 3 chaos members were able to make it to the statue and contest it.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2011, 01:19:08 PM »
TempleCon is draining off the usual crew, so I'll be looking for a game this Thursday, and I can be there whenever.

Do keep in mind, some projections for this week's storm has it running from tomorrow night through Wednesday and into Thursday.

Wes

• Heroic Tier Level 5
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2011, 04:10:52 PM »
Assuming the snow isn't too dreadful I'll be there as usual

( And assuming I finish this pointless stupid Time consuming "fun" research paper )
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 04:17:57 PM by Mirrorlord »

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2011, 02:58:45 AM »
Small 40k crowd tonight, but Ed and I met Brian and I got to thank Mike for his part in returning my wandering rulebook to me. After Ed destroyed my Noise Marine list with Daemons in amazingly quick fashion, we put our Daemon armies together in a 4000 point showdown against the new Dark Angels. My first time running Daemons and it was very educational. Despite me being on the wrong end of two lopsided games, I had quite a bit of fun. Props to Matt for keeping the store open a bit later than usual. :D

20 Pink Horrors - 57 Str 4 AP 4 shots, plus 1 Str 8 AP 1 shot. That vs. Samiel, and he's like "B**** please! My squad will take no wounds from that!"

Breath of Chaos = "Oh, you didn't know??"

Two bottles of hot water will unfreeze car door locks.

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27
  • "No, but have you hearda' Magic?"
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2011, 04:49:17 AM »
fun fun fun.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2011, 11:30:51 PM »
I won't be there this Thursday! I'd rather be there, but I have to look after my cousin for the evening. I wish I could just bring her along, but at 20 months old, she's such a freakin' baby about everything. I'll be at the store tomorrow at some point and likely give Tuesday night a try.

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27
  • "No, but have you hearda' Magic?"
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2011, 02:24:57 AM »
if you want to play ill bring da orks i dunno plans yet tho

Opforce3

• God
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2011, 01:44:55 PM »
Ed, you rule.