Author Topic: Plainville's Official "Unofficial" Tuesday 40k  (Read 301332 times)

tilarium

• Heroic Tier Level 4
    • Email
Re: Plainville's Official "Unofficial" Thursday 40k
« Reply #2370 on: August 09, 2014, 07:55:11 AM »
I'm happy to report that due to finally being made into a regular at work I got to pick a new schedule.  This new schedule includes Thursday nights off and so I can start attending again.  Having only played 0 games of 7th edition and only a small handful of 6th edition I'm going to need some help re-learning the game when I come up next week with my guardsmen.  A buddy of mine might be showing up on Thursday as well and wants to learn how to play.  Anyone up for the challenge?

Alpharius?

• Heroic Tier Level 2
  • Outside my mind
« Reply #2371 on: August 09, 2014, 11:11:52 PM »
I'm happy to report that due to finally being made into a regular at work I got to pick a new schedule.  This new schedule includes Thursday nights off and so I can start attending again.  Having only played 0 games of 7th edition and only a small handful of 6th edition I'm going to need some help re-learning the game when I come up next week with my guardsmen.  A buddy of mine might be showing up on Thursday as well and wants to learn how to play.  Anyone up for the challenge?

The more the merrier I always say!

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #2372 on: August 10, 2014, 04:14:26 AM »

Awesome news!  Congrats!  :D
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Pat.H

• Paragon Tier Level 12
« Reply #2373 on: August 15, 2014, 12:27:04 AM »
Had good turnout tonight. We had
Space Marines vs Astra Militarum
Space Marines vs Space Marines
Space Wolves vs something
Orks vs Dark Angels
Should the miserable Grot crews survive for long they will soon become deafened and have to resort to a rudimentary system of sign language. This is rarely successful as there are only so many signs a Grot can carry around with him.

PeterG

• Heroic Tier Level 1
  • Space Wolves (and GK)
    • Email
« Reply #2374 on: August 19, 2014, 09:25:22 AM »
I'm planning to come by on Thursday night with my space wolves. I played Pat last Friday,  but other than that I have been on a five edition hiatus and I am just getting back into it. I'm just (re) learning the rules so if anyone is up for a game and willing to be patient,  that would be great!

Brainvictim

• Heroic Tier Level 2
  • If I haven't seen it, It's new to me!!!
« Reply #2375 on: August 19, 2014, 04:19:01 PM »
I will be there this Thursday, finally  ;D :o ;D   I am working on a list now so I can print it out and have it handy to help me get used to the Stats, I am having trouble remembering them, besides Rules and how to play the game and tie my shoes.

What are the points people are taking? so I can get more than one list if need be.
There are questions I'm still not wise enough to answer, just wise enough to no longer ask.--GEORGE JONES

coolrick5

• 6200 proxy points of Salamanders
    • Email
« Reply #2376 on: August 20, 2014, 02:26:37 AM »
I will be there this Thursday, finally  ;D :o ;D   I am working on a list now so I can print it out and have it handy to help me get used to the Stats, I am having trouble remembering them, besides Rules and how to play the game and tie my shoes.

What are the points people are taking? so I can get more than one list if need be.

I usually try to run an 1850 point game, though this thursday i might try to run some 1500 pt lists in preparation for the Boots on the Ground Tourney in a few weeks
Due to some screwup in their gene-seed genetic radiation protection, all Salamanders are black...We're talking coal black, pitch black, hexadecimal code #000000, the missing word in the phrase "...as the void of space." That kind of black. With glowing red eyes.

Brainvictim

• Heroic Tier Level 2
« Reply #2377 on: August 20, 2014, 10:18:29 AM »
Awesome 1500 Sounds like a good number to go for.   I am just having the problem of not finding my Rule book, I have the other 2 books and the Book Sleeve but can't find the Rule book for some reason.  This sucks.  :-[
There are questions I'm still not wise enough to answer, just wise enough to no longer ask.--GEORGE JONES

coolrick5

• Email
« Reply #2378 on: August 20, 2014, 12:59:18 PM »
Awesome 1500 Sounds like a good number to go for.   I am just having the problem of not finding my Rule book, I have the other 2 books and the Book Sleeve but can't find the Rule book for some reason.  This sucks.  :-[

What army do you run?
Due to some screwup in their gene-seed genetic radiation protection, all Salamanders are black...We're talking coal black, pitch black, hexadecimal code #000000, the missing word in the phrase "...as the void of space." That kind of black. With glowing red eyes.

Brainvictim

• Heroic Tier Level 2
« Reply #2379 on: August 20, 2014, 01:20:12 PM »
Chaos Space Marines.

coolrick5

• Email
« Reply #2380 on: August 20, 2014, 02:55:04 PM »
The one codex i dont have on pdf  ::)

Brainvictim

• Heroic Tier Level 2
« Reply #2381 on: August 20, 2014, 03:34:44 PM »
lol, I have the Codex, the Core Rule Book is the one I can't find, I seriously hope I did not lose it.

Alpharius?

• Heroic Tier Level 2
  • Outside my mind
« Reply #2382 on: August 20, 2014, 05:29:33 PM »
That would be a real bummer... At least there should be plenty of folks with the rulebook, in case you need to borrow.

I'm bringing my space zombies out to play this week. Here's hoping it's a good turn out!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 05:11:19 PM by Alpharius? »

Brainvictim

• Heroic Tier Level 2
« Reply #2383 on: August 21, 2014, 03:45:59 PM »
Found a Quick reference Sheet over at DakaDaka, so I at least have that for tonight   :-\ ???  I Should be at Plainville by 8pm, hopefully sooner if I don't get traffic going down.

Brainvictim

• Heroic Tier Level 2
« Reply #2384 on: August 22, 2014, 10:10:05 AM »
Had a Great Game Last Night Against PeterG, His Space Wolves tore through the Chaos Space Marines.    Immobilized Helbrutes are just giants sitting ducks when they can't pivot towards the enemy :'(  CSM's with the Icon of Vengeance make for fun times locked in Assault Combat.  Land raiders are a pain in the ass to attack if not equipped to deal with them  :o.  Hope to see everyone after Labor day (hopefully before)