Author Topic: Encounters  (Read 2088 times)

skavengear

Encounters
« on: January 28, 2011, 10:38:38 PM »
Is abington going to be playing the new season and when? also, what rules will they decide to use? (darksun, nentir vale, heroes of fallen X)

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Re: Encounters
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 06:34:39 AM »
Yeah they are going to run it.  I think Derek plans to run a table.  I haven't done my homework on it yet so I can't tell you much about it.

I'll get back to you, Dave.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Neldar

• Heroic Tier Level 1
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 12:15:41 PM »
In theory it's supposed to start next week, use essentials characters in Nentir Vale and prominently feature the new fortune cards as an in game aid and modified through the @Wizards_DnD twitter account.

Battleground

• Store Owner
  • Dungeon Master
  • Epic Tier Level 25
  • DMing since 1983
    • Battleground Games & Hobbies
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 07:00:50 PM »
I will be running this coming season in Abington. For character creation, use the Essentials books and any Dragon articles that are specifically tied to the Essentials line. All characters should be created at 1st level.

This season is titled "March of the Phantom Brigade" and will also allow the use of the new D&D Fortune Cards that are being released shortly.

I'd love to have another volunteer DM for a second table. Please let me know if anyone is interested in DMing!
"The final word, then, is the game." - Gary Gygax

skavengear

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 08:46:43 PM »
So next wednesday it starts in abington? put dave goss down as a strong YES for the lloyd suite  ;D

So the fortune cards are now for sale? Im not sure i like that you have to pay for what used to be a reward for doing something impressive... (Derek knows i will buy all of them though :-\)

skavengear

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 10:02:47 PM »
It just got posted with the pregens. it is encounters. do we get a pack for signing up or do we have to buy them if we want to use them?

FINALLY i get a reason to buy the essentials books. Derek you are a hero.

Battleground

• Store Owner
  • Dungeon Master
  • Epic Tier Level 25
  • DMing since 1983
    • Battleground Games & Hobbies
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 12:09:32 PM »
You do not have to buy the Fortune Cards but it is recommended. Players who do buy the packs are certainly going to have a distinct advantage over those who do not.

Ideally, each player will purchase two packs of Fortune Cards for use during each session of play. It's a nice way to support the store while still getting something of equal value for your money.

The first session is next Wednesday, February 9th at 7 PM.
"The final word, then, is the game." - Gary Gygax

skavengear

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 03:22:47 AM »
Sign Dave Goss up for two packs, and as a dragonborn hexblade  ;D
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 04:01:04 AM by GossWeapon »