Author Topic: Collaborative Mechanics; Not your average RPG  (Read 1877 times)

Mercia

• Beware the Hunter's Moon...
Collaborative Mechanics; Not your average RPG
« on: May 05, 2011, 12:04:01 AM »
Hellos my fellow Plainville BG Rpers! <3

I am here to present to you a new style of role play, for those who are interested and open-minded and have some spare time to kill.

Take a breath and hold it, count to three, now exhale and forget every rule you've ever learned with D&D, White Wolf, any of the like. Yes, all of them. I know, it might be a little hard at first, but bare with me, I promise you it will be O.K. :)

Now, imagine a Final Fantasy 7-esque world (in terms of technology). Add some races you know (Humans, Elves, Goblins, Trolls, Orcs, Dwarves, Dark Elves etc.) and some races you dont (Wyld Elf, Blood Elf). Mix in some classes, a boatload of skills, an easy-to-learn dice system and a few, very simple rules. Add a GM (Thats right kiddies, GAME Master) and enter the players.

Now enter MECHS. Not quite as advanced as your typical Gundam Wing, but a little bit more advanced than Z.O.I.D.S. Though the technology isnt up to par, the size is proportional to your character. You can pilot these. Mhmm, I said it, and you can Hijack them in a specially made, damage absorbant, high-tech suit.

You can be evil, you can be good, or you can be somewhere inbetween. Its all up to you. The story goes wherever you want to take it. There will only be an 'ending' planned out to this rp, how you get to the end game is up to you.

Now why in the world would you EVER want to stray away from what you know and love?

Because in Collaborative Mechanics, all you ever need to do is be Epic.

Press Start to begin.

Bromeo

• Email
Re: Collaborative Mechanics; Not your average RPG
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 01:19:42 PM »
You have piqued my interest sir.

Mercia

• Beware the Hunter's Moon...
Re: Collaborative Mechanics; Not your average RPG
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 11:46:18 AM »
**Ma'am  ;D

I am at BG in Plainville every Monday and Friday (Except this upcoming Friday as I will be in another state XD) If you would like more information in person I'd be happy to fill your mind and pull that intrest into fruition <3