Author Topic: God Help America... Or somebody, just do something!  (Read 2618 times)

Rurouni Benshin

• God
  • Oro?
God Help America... Or somebody, just do something!
« on: October 24, 2008, 06:13:12 PM »
People like this lady in this interview are just one reason why we need voting tests and licenses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CatsNlhh4fs
"This One Is Rurouni... Once Again, This One Will Drift."

Warhammer 40,000
Space Marines: 93-15-18
Apocalypse: 9-2-3
Tournaments: 7-7-1
Tale of 16 Gamers: 0-0-1

Grammar: Contractions 0/1/0
Number of games I've managed to play since Tristan's arrival: 70

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
Re: God Help America... Or somebody, just do something!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 10:28:59 PM »
While I agree wholeheartedly with Jonathan's stance of politics and game forums being poor bedfellows, it is obvious that poor lady suffers from fetal alcohol syndrome.

I will also point you to my quote from the other thread about Democracy.

Jonathan

• God
  • Of what should I be God?
    • CWF Game Cast
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 03:20:08 AM »
Yay someone agrees with me.  I'm part of the way to global domination!  While I sympathize with Tracy and agree that religion, for me, is a vital part of my life and a positive way to go for people doesn't mean that should be the deciding factor in a presidential election.  If, instead, saying your morals are shaped by your religion or faith and that you place a high importance on the president being a moral person then it is an understandable statement to the degree that I believe most people will concur that a strong sense of right and wrong is a necessity for a job in which that heavily plays (like being president...what is the right course of action for the situation at hand).  Even then I don't think it should be the first, and in her case, only requirement.

Let's see candidate b is an arab-american so that discounts them.  Candidate a is a Christian...they got my vote.  I mean seriously.  That is as bad as voting for someone because they look like you, have a name you like, or based on where they reside.

At the end of the day God is God and the President is some idiot who was too dumb to avoid being elected.
You game. I blog. CWF Game Cast | www.wargamingforums.com

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."-Sherlock Holmes

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 03:03:09 AM »
Do NOT let Derek see this.

Wow...
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 09:42:47 AM »
While trying to invoke the machine spirit of my old Mopar, I gave this a little more thought.

A few years ago, I was doing much soul searching and thinking about my faith.  I had trouble working out some points in my faith and just general uncertainty.  Looking back, it was long talks with with a friend of mine which helped me back into Catholicism.  It was a Muslim friend.  I personally take offense when people brand Muslims as a whole.  She is quick to forget it was "Christians" that formed the KKK.

When troglodytes like this vote, it's cool and I respect her right to vote.  When she spews forth hate from her gaping maw and in a public forum, I feel she should be trolled and her ignorance put on display for the rest of society to see- for our enjoyment.

I wonder if she is a part of the Westboro Baptist Church.

ghost03

• Heroic Tier Level 5
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 08:55:55 PM »
Theres being religious and then theres being an idiot. She crossed the line to idiot. It's sad that people can be so ignorant to reality, worse, there are so many people who would agree with her.

Footslogger

• Email
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008, 11:08:56 PM »
    Agreed.  I am a Christian, but it makes me angry when people who call themselves by that name, routinely break all the laws that they swear by, such as "love your neighbor as yourself, love your enemies, say things only to encourage others, let no unclean words come out of your mouth, etc.  I wonder if they read and study the word before calling themselves Christians?

Still, I'm not too worried about who wins or loses.  After all the president is just a human being, and he will end up disappointing somebody, it's a pattern we seem to have as a Democracy.   

Rurouni Benshin

• God
  • Oro?
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 12:46:03 AM »
Do NOT let Derek see this.

Too late, Chase.  I actually talked to him about this Friday night, and he said he had already seen it.  He had some choice words to say about her too  :P

When she spews forth hate from her gaping maw and in a public forum, I feel she should be trolled and her ignorance put on display for the rest of society to see- for our enjoyment.

I like to think of this youtube video as such a video for our enjoyment  ;D
"This One Is Rurouni... Once Again, This One Will Drift."

Warhammer 40,000
Space Marines: 93-15-18
Apocalypse: 9-2-3
Tournaments: 7-7-1
Tale of 16 Gamers: 0-0-1

Grammar: Contractions 0/1/0
Number of games I've managed to play since Tristan's arrival: 70