Author Topic: Signing in  (Read 1651 times)

Blakezoid

• Dark Sun Death Squad
    • Email
Signing in
« on: September 26, 2011, 09:21:29 PM »
What's up everybody? New to the forums, and sort of new to DnD. If there are any groups out there willing to take on a new player and show him the ropes, I'd be really interested in joining you.

I've always wanted to play DnD, but as a kid could never get my friends to play. Even if I were to somehow persuade them, I wouldn't have really been able to teach them the rules properly, as I had never learned them properly myself, even though I had some DM books and a rulebook. (I think 2nd Ed.)

Been gaming my whole life, both tabletop and video, yet what seems like it would be my favorite game has always been the one I have never been able to play. With the exception of its video incarnations which for the most part are superb dating all the way back to the 70s.

I'm 25, I learn fast, and I think I could be valuable to the role-playing atmosphere of your group if you can help me pick up the rules real quick.
“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.” ― Sun Tzu

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
Re: Signing in
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 10:00:31 PM »
A Good place to start I dont know which store you are nearby but Wed. the Have D&D Encounters you get to meet some rather cool people and can see what type of people you want to continue gaming with.
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

Blakezoid

• Dark Sun Death Squad
    • Email
Re: Signing in
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 02:17:32 AM »
I'm near the Abington store. Thanks for the info, I was unaware of said Encounters.
“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.” ― Sun Tzu