Author Topic: Brother Maynard's attempt at a video batrep...  (Read 1687 times)

Rhys

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
Brother Maynard's attempt at a video batrep...
« on: June 23, 2011, 12:53:39 PM »
here's a game i played on tues against some high elves

Shadow76

• Heroic Tier Level 3
Re: Brother Maynard's attempt at a video batrep...
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 11:59:03 PM »
GREAT report.  I loved it.  Few comments on the game.  Like u said in the report about the overrun and the aligning up, be careful not to call it a charge b/c they do not get to do any charge reactions, only stand and take it.  Also 2 battles, one with the wizard and eagle and the other with the razorgor and the knights;  it seems like on both of the battles you forgot to add the +1 for charging combat resolution.  razorgors did 2 wounds and the knights did 1 plus banner, but your charge would have given u the edge.  Same with the eagle.

Loved the report.  Would love to play a game with you so you can do another.  I can bring skaven, tomb kings, or lizardmen.  I prefer the later two but i will do whatever you would like to face.  I am free all weekday nights and all weekends.  Just say when.

Rhys

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 03:15:30 PM »
GREAT report.  I loved it.  Few comments on the game.  Like u said in the report about the overrun and the aligning up, be careful not to call it a charge b/c they do not get to do any charge reactions, only stand and take it.  Also 2 battles, one with the wizard and eagle and the other with the razorgor and the knights;  it seems like on both of the battles you forgot to add the +1 for charging combat resolution.  razorgors did 2 wounds and the knights did 1 plus banner, but your charge would have given u the edge.  Same with the eagle.

glad you liked it! you're absolutely right about the pursuit into fresh enemy, they don't get a charge reaction. i consider myself fairly savvy with the rules so its pretty embarassing that i missed that situation lol. as for the +1 combar res for charging, it was factored in to both combats but i didn't think it relevant to mention it, thats all.

Loved the report.  Would love to play a game with you so you can do another.  I can bring skaven, tomb kings, or lizardmen.  I prefer the later two but i will do whatever you would like to face.  I am free all weekday nights and all weekends.  Just say when.
ok, i'll see what i can do. i live in marlborough (so a little ways away, i do most of my gaming at the whiz) but i'd love to get a game in. i haven't played against TK or skaven this edition so both those matchups interest me. i can do up to 3.5k with my beasts and 8k or so with my daemons if you're interested in larger games at all.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 03:35:58 PM by brother_maynard »

Shadow76

• Heroic Tier Level 3
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 06:56:27 PM »
well i live in Rhode Island.  i can meet anywhere.  I have about 5k for Skaven, 8k of Lm and about 3k in TKs.  I can build a list of any of them so whatever you would like to face I will be more than glad to bring.  Just let me know.

Rhys

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 07:46:21 PM »
Beastmen vs Warriors of Chaos Rematch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El_Em4JoTmo

Shadow76

• Heroic Tier Level 3
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 08:12:27 PM »
around the 11 min mark.  why didnt his chosen on your opponents right flank overun into your centaguars after they charged and kill your raiders?

yeah, just to be clear the tz ward save does stack with parry.  from the side they still get thought 6 WS though.  how many fives did he roll against the minotuars.  did it affect thing that much.

i think the WoC player biggest mistake was to use his 2 chosen as flanking units, esp when facing beastmen since you have raiders and pigs to draw them out as you did.  if his chosen were in the middle i think things could have been different.

great BR.  i think these things are great and great to listen to while painting.  keep it up.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 08:36:19 PM by Shadow76 »

Rhys

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 11:19:16 PM »
around the 11 min mark.  why didnt his chosen on your opponents right flank overun into your centaguars after they charged and kill your raiders?
they did overrun, they only went 3" or so.

yeah, just to be clear the tz ward save does stack with parry.  from the side they still get thought 6 WS though.  how many fives did he roll against the minotuars.  did it affect thing that much.
yeah, he made a TON of 5+ saves, there's a huge difference between a 6+ armor, 5+ ward and a 6+, 6+. and my gorebull was going straight to his ward. there was actually a turn where my doombull put 7-8 wounds on the unit and only 2 got through his saves lol.

i think the WoC player biggest mistake was to use his 2 chosen as flanking units, esp when facing beastmen since you have raiders and pigs to draw them out as you did.  if his chosen were in the middle i think things could have been different.
it would have been trickier but i would have done the same thing, forced em to charge raiders and overrun to give me a flank. they didn't do very many wounds to the ungor unit who flanked em, imagine if it had been bestigors or the minotaurs? i think the chosen on the flank was a mistake yes, but the bigger one was not bringing any support units to clear out my raiders and pigs. in the other game he brought 4 units of marauder cav, not sure why he left em home this time. anyway, he realized what he did wrong with the chosen and told me next time he's gonna put them in the center of the line so we'll be able to test my theory.

great BR.  i think these things are great and great to listen to while painting.  keep it up.
thanks, good to hear that you like the games