Author Topic: New Game  (Read 62156 times)

jbkilroy

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
Re: New Game
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2012, 11:28:43 PM »
Geez... you post so rarely I had to check your post history to find out who you were.  :)
"Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere"

Guu

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2012, 11:42:56 AM »
I'm going to be out of town on Friday before Super Bowl weekend, next Friday for our regular game.

Consider this your first WARNING.

Skarsnik123

• Heroic Tier Level 1
  • I think thats how that rule works
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2012, 03:57:57 PM »
If we have a game that week i will be late.  I have to work until 9:00pm but if we are gaming then i would be willing to come down afterwards.

Thomas callahan

• Order
  • Heroic Tier Level 9
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2012, 05:21:53 AM »
Hmmmm, no josh(healer) jay late around 9ish and you guys inside the stronghold of a troll kingdom.

I mean we could play with 3 of you only if you dont value your lives so much ^^ other than that think best to call it
Blood bowl W14-L14-T1
40K 0-0
Hords 2-1

Guu

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2012, 01:29:06 PM »
Strange to me that Rick never replied to this thread.

Wish I could play, I just love gaming.  :(

Guu

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2012, 02:53:47 PM »
I need to miss again this Friday.  Traveling to Detroit.  Yes...yes I know you envy me.

This should be the last time this happens.  It will happen no more forever.

Thomas callahan

• Order
  • Heroic Tier Level 9
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2012, 03:54:28 PM »
but but but.....the trolls are hungry and need there troll food ;D
Blood bowl W14-L14-T1
40K 0-0
Hords 2-1

jbkilroy

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2012, 09:16:29 AM »
Does this make us a go or no go for tonight?

And seriously?  Detroit??  Even people who live in Detroit don't go to Detroit anymore if they can help it.

Thomas callahan

• Order
  • Heroic Tier Level 9
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2012, 07:00:04 PM »
yes no game and sorry got hung up running around with family today and forgot to post saying no game
Blood bowl W14-L14-T1
40K 0-0
Hords 2-1

jbkilroy

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2012, 04:02:03 PM »
You guys hear they're already working on a 5th edition?

Makes you want to give up on DnD sometimes, doesn't it?  Even WOTC doesn't even like it, it seems.

Thomas callahan

• Order
  • Heroic Tier Level 9
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2012, 11:35:38 PM »
from what i heard, they are taking the combat from 4th but adding a more RP aspect to it. To be honest i dont mind, just as long as they dont make a 6th edition in unless its 10 years or more from the new 5th

Also, jay wont be here friday, but unless we get shorted another person, we should be good to run with 4. unless you come across the black dragon. even then i think you guys will live, it doesnt hit to hard as its a controller and its by itself. OR i could be making it up just to scare you ;D
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 11:38:07 PM by Jiraiya »
Blood bowl W14-L14-T1
40K 0-0
Hords 2-1

jbkilroy

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2012, 11:22:00 AM »
For some reason I'm reminded of the Baldur's Gate II flavor description of the red dragon scale armor:  "Due to it's nature, care should be taken wearing this armor around dragons... especially red ones".   :P

jbkilroy

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2012, 04:44:27 PM »
ok, so I was bored and decided to look up some stealth rules, and came upon the following interpretation, which I find believable:

Attacking automatically breaks stealth, regardless of line of sight.  Because of the noise made by attacking, any nearby creature knows what square(s) you are in after the attack is resolved even if they cannot see you (or the square).  Therefore, there are entitled to make a targeted attack against you, although at a -5 penalty for total concealment.  The penalty is the result of attacking an invisible creature. 

Also, a new stealth check can only be made after a move has taken place.  Even if line of sight is lost, a creature can't enter stealth if it remains in the same position it was before. 

Finally, any creature attempting to enter a square occupied by a stealthed creature automatically breaks the stealth.  Again, attacks would have the -5 penalty for total concealment (invisible opponent).

Does this sound reasonable?  I just want to figure out the ground rules before going forward, because the way we were doing it last time is campaign-breaking in PC hands...

Guu

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2012, 04:27:24 PM »
Willing to bet money that Tom won't even read this thread.  Worth talking about on Friday though.  I can't imagine that Black Dragon encounter was working as intended.

jbkilroy

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2012, 05:35:59 PM »
Well, if he won't read it, then I say commence with the campaign breaking!

Now exploits and min/maxing aren't my thing (you may have noticed) but anyone else can feel free to take advantage of my road to invincibility.  At least until 5e dawns...  Maybe I should volunteer to run the first 5e campaign; before additional supplements destroy the balance.