Author Topic: I hear Tuesdays are good for Warhammer Fantasy in Plainville? challenge thread  (Read 43944 times)

JakeM

• Heroic Tier Level 6
    • Email
Re: I hear Tuesdays are good for Warhammer Fantasy in Plainville?
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2011, 02:26:58 PM »
I'll go down next Tuesday. Would like to get a 2500 point game in with my ogres.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2011, 02:47:26 PM »
Threads dedicated to a game on a day, those tend to do well. ;)

Frosthydra

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2011, 02:53:49 PM »
So I've noticed!

Most of the people that normally show up on Tuesdays don't look at the BG forum, so we'll probably have a larger amount of people there than the thread actually implies.

I think 4 people that were there yesterday don't check the forums really.
Reality is a cruel and unintuitive place with rather frustrating game-play mechanics.

Henry R

• Heroic Tier Level 4
  • Rust Bucket
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2011, 03:26:10 PM »
Cool, looks like somethings going here. I think I will play Fantasy after all.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2011, 03:32:38 PM »
Most of the people that normally show up on Tuesdays don't look at the BG forum...
One could start a Facebook page, if one were on the social abomination.

It'd be cool though to get something steady underway Fantasy-wise. I've got a pile of Daemons getting their butt kicked in 40k, so I need a format where Fateweaver is so broken he's banned.

Frosthydra

• Heroic Tier Level 4
I think Brother_Maynard played Demons last night against Warriors of Chaos.  Bloodletters seem kind of crazy... as do Flamers.

There was some pretty awesome Great Unclean One on Hellcannon action though, that was fun.
Reality is a cruel and unintuitive place with rather frustrating game-play mechanics.

Rhys

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
i can't compare it to 40k as i gave that up years ago but fantasy is a great game, you'll like it.

It'd be cool though to get something steady underway Fantasy-wise.
well lets do it. i will be showing up with 2.5k of daemons and/or beastmen, and i might bring a buddy with TK or rats as well. i've got a mind to put an end to Mark's vampires' reign of terror, they've been on a rampage for weeks now. although i wouldn't mind a game vs JakeM's ogres either.

I think Brother_Maynard played Demons last night against Warriors of Chaos.  Bloodletters seem kind of crazy... as do Flamers.

There was some pretty awesome Great Unclean One on Hellcannon action though, that was fun.
well bloodletters and flamers are both pretty nasty if you're not familiar with them (which Mike wasn't lol, sorry buddy). that hellcannon shouldn't have lasted that long either, big papa should've pasted it first tound. pics look sweet though!

MM3791

• God

Fantasy is a lot of fun, most 40k players are intimated by it at first but they quickly find out that it is very easy to learn, especially if they already know how to play 40k. Plus fantasy setting is a pretty fun theme by itself!

It'd be cool though to get something steady underway Fantasy-wise. I've got a pile of Daemons getting their butt kicked in 40k, so I need a format where Fateweaver is so broken he's banned.

The power level for deamons for fantasy vs 40k is almost the exact opposite. Should you decide to switch over, your deamons will make you very proud lol.

I think Brother_Maynard played Demons last night against Warriors of Chaos.  Bloodletters seem kind of crazy... as do Flamers.

Yea those were my Warriors of Chaos, it was my first time playing against Daemons so it was a bit of a learning curve. Flamers weren't that bad (all my warriors had the Mark of Nurgle) but it was the Bloodletters that I SEVERELY underestimated lol. Also didn't know Great Unclean one had cannonballs for fists haha. Good game though

well bloodletters and flamers are both pretty nasty if you're not familiar with them (which Mike wasn't lol, sorry buddy). that hellcannon shouldn't have lasted that long either, big papa should've pasted it first tound. pics look sweet though!

Indeed, however Warriors of Chaos can never truely be beaten.. they just go back to the Northern Wastes to regroup lol

Frosthydra

• Heroic Tier Level 4
I'm looking forward to hopefully unleashing the rat horde next week... lots of clawing, biting, lightning, fire, poison gas, and mayhem!

And that's just what my army will do to itself, think of what it could do to an opponent!  ;D

Henry R

• Heroic Tier Level 4
  • Rust Bucket
    • Email
Yeah, the reason I'm gravitating toward Fantasy is because the setting is really cool. I've always been a fan of medieval fantasy especially when cannons and muskets are involved.

Poo the Great

• Paragon Tier Level 19
    • Email
like what was mentioned early, i don't check the forums often, just happened to today.

however if anyone whos posted here would like to get a game in this coming tuesday(12/6) I'll be there.

I can be there anytime, ive got the day off, so whatever works for you guys. I've got wood elves, warriors, and empire

Ben

Frosthydra

• Heroic Tier Level 4
Well, if the turnout next week is all the people that showed up last week as well as those that have said here that they want to go, it could be a pretty decent evening for Fantasy gaming!

I know that I'm planning on being there, so someone can beat up on a Skaven army! (even if I'm a new player, go for it, take out your hatred of the rats!)

Henry R

• Heroic Tier Level 4
  • Rust Bucket
    • Email
I'll probably be down next Tuesday to do a bit of table lurking and question asking.

MM3791

• God
Good to see more players eager to give Fantasy a try, I will also be there next Tuesday and will be happy to teach new players the basics. I understand that most people that first learn fantasy already know how to play 40k, so here are two very broad bits of info differentiating the game systems ..

1) Unlike 40k, where 50% of the player base are Space Marines and 50% is "everything else", Fantasy has no dominate race.. everytime you play against someone you literally have no idea what army your facing. Almost all the armies are great fun and play very differently from each other.

2) Fantasy is divided in 4 phases instead of 3 like 40k.

-Movement
-Magic
-Shooting
-Assault

Unlike 40k psychic powers, magic plays a MUCH LARGER role (thus getting its own phase)

So I will leave that for the new guys to think about (and hopefully after reading this you didn't go mad and start having laughing/screaming fits lol).. Welcome to Warhammer Fantasy; come back with your shield.. or on it!!  ;D

Henry R

• Heroic Tier Level 4
  • Rust Bucket
    • Email
Yeah, I bought the rulebook the day before yesterday and I'm picking up on the basics. I think I'll actually be there this Tuesday to see the rules in action.