Author Topic: Tale of X Gamers Abington  (Read 12181 times)

Rurouni Benshin

• God
  • Oro?
Re: Tale of X Gamers Abington
« Reply #180 on: January 09, 2012, 02:17:24 PM »
Hey just a question that i did not see in any posts: Do the models need to be based?/ if so will it count to our painting score?
I would presume "Yes" as well.  To spend all the time to paint a model nicely, only to have a few marks of various different colors (which ironically all match your model) randomly splashed on the base would defeat the purpose of spending so much effort painting them in the first place.  The modeling sand I use goes a pretty long way though, and I'm pretty sure you can base an entire IG regiment with only one container of it.
"This One Is Rurouni... Once Again, This One Will Drift."

Warhammer 40,000
Space Marines: 93-15-18
Apocalypse: 9-2-3
Tournaments: 7-7-1
Tale of 16 Gamers: 0-0-1

Grammar: Contractions 0/1/0
Number of games I've managed to play since Tristan's arrival: 70

Logan007

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #181 on: January 09, 2012, 02:28:42 PM »
I actually filled up a Poland spring plastic water bottle with sand at the beach once a couple years ago -- I've still got most of the bottle left.

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #182 on: January 09, 2012, 08:07:39 PM »
Hey just a question that i did not see in any posts: Do the models need to be based?/ if so will it count to our painting score?

Basing is part of painting. I'm replying to you King, but also pointing at the trooper.

:-[

jfoodmaster

• Paragon Tier Level 12
  • For the United Kriels!
    • Building and Painting Blog
    • Email
« Reply #183 on: January 09, 2012, 09:02:53 PM »

Basing is part of painting. I'm replying to you King, but also pointing at the trooper.

:-[

Ha! Sand BEFORE painting! It'll look like GW stuff! :)

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #184 on: January 10, 2012, 04:51:03 PM »

Yes all models must be based. If you want tips or tricks just talk to some of us who have been doing it for a while. My perfered way is applying sand, inking it and let the ink fully dry, and painting over it and then adding little details like static grass.