Author Topic: Tale of X Gamers Abington  (Read 12096 times)

Grand Master Steve

Re: Tale of X Gamers Abington
« Reply #150 on: January 03, 2012, 01:21:39 AM »
Meeting will be 1-6-12 This Friday around 4 or 5 at BG Abington

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
« Reply #151 on: January 03, 2012, 08:29:36 AM »
This is my ruling. ::bangs gavel::

That solves that little hiccup thanks!

Alan
But the universe is a big place and, whatever happens, you will not be missed...

"When Ghandi advocated his philosophy of none violence, I bet he didn't know how much fun it was killing stuff!" (Raj, The big bang theory)

xxxMIDIANxxx

• Heroic Tier Level 2
« Reply #152 on: January 03, 2012, 10:21:10 AM »
I work until 5, so I won't be able to attend the meeting. But if you guys are going to be there, does anyone want to get a few practice games in, and fill me in on what was said in the meeting? Doesn't necessarily need to be our 500 point list. I can be there around 6pm.

JaredB

• Heroic Tier Level 10
« Reply #153 on: January 03, 2012, 10:43:31 AM »
I have to be at work at 4 on friday so i wont be there

jfoodmaster

• Paragon Tier Level 12
  • For the United Kriels!
    • Building and Painting Blog
    • Email
« Reply #154 on: January 03, 2012, 10:46:07 AM »
I won't be able to get there Friday. I will be there Thursday (unrelated).

King of the Elves

« Reply #155 on: January 03, 2012, 11:46:56 AM »
Meeting will be 1-6-12 This Friday around 4 or 5 at BG Abington

I may be able to make it but idk yet.

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #156 on: January 03, 2012, 04:35:32 PM »
I also plan on taking pictures of each player and I will be making up a spread sheet to keep score for each player that will accompany each picture. This way every one knowes who every one else is and knowes what they look like

Randl

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #157 on: January 03, 2012, 08:27:23 PM »
I'm hoping to get there by 5:30 depending on traffic. Hopefully I don't miss you.

Logan007

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #158 on: January 04, 2012, 10:22:44 AM »
Not going to make it this Friday, but I do have questions about the league that maybe people can discuss during the meeting:

Can we play a league game before we finish painting the models for whatever point level we're at?

If I come up with a list for the 500pt level, are those models/units locked in when we move onto the next point's level?

xxxMIDIANxxx

• Heroic Tier Level 2
« Reply #159 on: January 04, 2012, 11:35:04 AM »
Not going to make it this Friday, but I do have questions about the league that maybe people can discuss during the meeting:

Can we play a league game before we finish painting the models for whatever point level we're at?

If I come up with a list for the 500pt level, are those models/units locked in when we move onto the next point's level?

This is what Steve posted from the other thread on this :

"Starting Jan 1st you have 1 month to paint 500 points. From the last day of Jan to the last day of the first week in feb players will have the opritunity to play games for an optimal game score and have armies painted for the late paint score.

Armies must be painted no latter than Feb 3rd for a full paint score. Any army not fully painted by Feb 10th will be considered not done and no points will be awarded."

So, it looks like we can start playing games that count towards our score between Jan 31st and Feb 11th. Although like it says above, for a full paint score armies must be fully painted by Feb 3rd. So it sounds like you could play games between Jan 31st and Feb 2nd with a partially painted army and still potentially receive full points for the game if you win, but your paint score will begin being assessed on the 3rd.

And that's a real good question about our 500pts being locked in after the first round. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Logan007

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #160 on: January 04, 2012, 11:46:39 AM »

This is what Steve posted from the other thread on this :

"Starting Jan 1st you have 1 month to paint 500 points. From the last day of Jan to the last day of the first week in feb players will have the opritunity to play games for an optimal game score and have armies painted for the late paint score.

Armies must be painted no latter than Feb 3rd for a full paint score. Any army not fully painted by Feb 10th will be considered not done and no points will be awarded."

So, it looks like we can start playing games that count towards our score between Jan 31st and Feb 11th. Although like it says above, for a full paint score armies must be fully painted by Feb 3rd. So it sounds like you could play games between Jan 31st and Feb 2nd with a partially painted army and still potentially receive full points for the game if you win, but your paint score will begin being assessed on the 3rd.

And that's a real good question about our 500pts being locked in after the first round. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks dude, I missed that part of his post.

And another question: Can we dig up some special missions for the league? Doing a special 2v2 matchup would also be pretty fun.

King of the Elves

« Reply #161 on: January 04, 2012, 12:11:54 PM »
Do we have a definite time for friday?

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #162 on: January 04, 2012, 05:02:02 PM »
while I dont see a problem with playing before your army is painted its strongly encouraged for you to only play on the last week so that you play with a fully painted army. The fear I have is that if you play with out paint you may become discuraged from keep painting your army by the deadline.

while it is recomended you keep the current 500 points you start with I dont see any reason why you can not change it up. You WILL need to fully paint what ever it is you change by the deadline.

As for special missions if any one cares to find some we can discuss it at the first meeting Friday. If you can not attend dont worry ill post what was discussed

::bangs gavel:: :-p

Logan007

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #163 on: January 04, 2012, 05:21:57 PM »
while I dont see a problem with playing before your army is painted its strongly encouraged for you to only play on the last week so that you play with a fully painted army. The fear I have is that if you play with out paint you may become discuraged from keep painting your army by the deadline.

while it is recomended you keep the current 500 points you start with I dont see any reason why you can not change it up. You WILL need to fully paint what ever it is you change by the deadline.

As for special missions if any one cares to find some we can discuss it at the first meeting Friday. If you can not attend dont worry ill post what was discussed

You know what might be a great idea? Battle Reports! with Pictures! How about giving a bonus "effort" point for writing and posting a WELL WRITTEN battle report of your match (pictures would be awesome too!)? A point could be given to both the person writing it and that person's opponent.

King of the Elves

« Reply #164 on: January 04, 2012, 05:34:07 PM »

You know what might be a great idea? Battle Reports! with Pictures! How about giving a bonus "effort" point for writing and posting a WELL WRITTEN battle report of your match (pictures would be awesome too!)? A point could be given to both the person writing it and that person's opponent.

What will be even better?!?! Battle Reports ... with pictures and video  :o i would TOTALLY do that