Author Topic: Need some advice.  (Read 1007 times)

Henry R

• Heroic Tier Level 4
  • Rust Bucket
    • Email
Need some advice.
« on: January 02, 2012, 12:59:33 PM »
How should I use Night Goblins? I was thinking 2 hordes of 40, with 4 ranks of 10, all armed with spears so that every goblin can get an attack. The units would stick close by each other so that once the other unit is engaged another can wheel around and pound around another 40 attacks. I am also wondering how I can push the enemy into my hordes? Ranged fire so they have to get stuck in if they don't want to be squashed? I am looking for completely honest opinions, don't be afraid to pick this apart and say it's the worst plan you've ever heard.

Rhys

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
Re: Need some advice.
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 01:08:42 PM »
Use them as big bow units or keep them deep with nets and fanatics to tie up powerful enemies. The problem with your plan is twofold. It relies on goblins to do serious fighting, and they can't fight their way out of a wet paper bag. The second problem is you count on maneuvering a horde unit to the flank which is near impossible against an opponent with any experience. Keep goblins for what they're good at, dying so that more orcs may live to win the game. But don't underestimate their toys, nets, fanatics, and huge bow units with poisoned shooting are dangerous.

JakeM

• Heroic Tier Level 6
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 05:07:51 PM »
What brother maynard is saying is right on. Goblins are just not good in hand to hand. I'm not sure if you will be able to make them one. To play a goblin army you need to think like a goblin.

Use every dirty trick you can to thin out the enimy ranks.
Don't be afraid to sacrafice a unit if it buys you another shot.
Don't fight unless the odds are ridiculously in you favor.
Running away is always an option.

Henry R

• Heroic Tier Level 4
  • Rust Bucket
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 09:15:16 PM »
Thanks for the advice!