Author Topic: found info on 5e  (Read 2452 times)

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27
  • "No, but have you hearda' Magic?"
found info on 5e
« on: January 10, 2012, 08:57:57 PM »
http://www.enworld.org/forum/news/316036-off-see-wizards-day-wizards-coast-showed-me-d-d-5th-edition.html

don't know anything about the game or how helpful this can be hope someone enjoys it (derek)

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
Re: found info on 5e
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 09:09:28 PM »
I need to be convinced that 5th Edition is a good idea.

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27
  • "No, but have you hearda' Magic?"
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 09:11:44 PM »
I am not really a fan of wizards. I myself do not have a good feeling for dnd players, but you can only hope for the best

Librarian

• Heroic Tier Level 8
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 09:55:43 PM »
like everything its a good idea...untill it stops being a good idea and must be killed with fire. the big question will be dose 5e unite the currently shattered D&D community or blast it further appart turning it into some horrific mad max style wastland with 4e biker mutants attacking humble communites of 2e players to steal there hard earned gold..i mean oil.

Sekacnap

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 11:39:31 AM »
I don't know how I feel about this, it just seems like 4th edition hasn't been out long enough. Granted previous versions got revisions every 4 years or so but it wasn't always jumping to a new edition and set of rules (i.e. 3.0 to 3.5). Perhaps its just that I've played 3.0/3.5 for so long that it feels like its been around forever while 4e is still fairly new to me. I can see why they're doing this though since a lot of people completely shunned 4e for the longest time for its combat heavy "World of Warcraft" feel but I would have thought they would come out with say, a 4.5 before going straight to 5e, maybe just fix a few issues people had with the system (making rituals have a practical cast time would be nice, there's no need for a whole minute cast time on breach disguise, that's stupid).

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 02:52:54 PM »
I think Essentials was meant to be a 4.5 without being explicitly so. And I agree, it really doesn't seem like 4e has been out long enough. I've only been in one campaign of any notable length. I don't even know how the game works behind the curtain yet.

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 08:12:12 PM »
I fully embrace 5th edition and our new alien overlords, last time i played it was 2nd edition and Thaco scores were all the rage

i assume rolling a 20 is still good and rolling a 1 is less than awesome?

at least 5th edition will put me on an even playing field again lol

Neldar

• Heroic Tier Level 1
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2012, 01:00:28 AM »
I believe one of the early editions lasted all of 2 years.

I hope they succeed and look forward to playtesting the game.

Battleground

• Store Owner
  • Dungeon Master
  • Epic Tier Level 25
  • DMing since 1983
    • Battleground Games & Hobbies
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2012, 07:54:58 PM »
5th Edition is a great thing for Dungeons & Dragons.

I have a lot to say on this and will post a much more detailed response soon...
"The final word, then, is the game." - Gary Gygax