Author Topic: [Plainville MA] Warhammer 40k Trios Event - 2/25/2012  (Read 6117 times)

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
Re: [Plainville MA] Warhammer 40k Trios Event - 2/25/2012
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2012, 12:46:08 PM »
Chase should also enforce that anyone using IA stuff have HARD copies of their rules.

a real good suggestion, i've been looking over this stuff since the announcement and there are so many options, CRAZY "game changing" rules for some of these units... some of which have been been nerfed, changed or their point values changed by FAQ updates

a hard copy would definitely help but i really don't envy poor Sam checking these lists and pouring through IA books and FAQ updates to answer questions on the fly during the tournament.

another suggestion might be for anyone fielding IA units in their army to submit then more than a week ahead of time to give the Battleground guys additional time to fact check those lists

andalucien

• God
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2012, 12:14:36 PM »
Just to clarify something about Imperial Armour units:

Does this refer only to only units marked as "Warhammer 40k" in IA 2nd edition?

More specifically, the only IA model I have is Zarykynel, the giant Forgeworld Keeper of Secrets.  She's a gargantuan creature, am I allowed to field this beautiful lady?
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2012, 02:06:56 PM »
Just to clarify something about Imperial Armour units:

Does this refer only to only units marked as "Warhammer 40k" in IA 2nd edition?

More specifically, the only IA model I have is Zarykynel, the giant Forgeworld Keeper of Secrets.  She's a gargantuan creature, am I allowed to field this beautiful lady?

She is a superheavy, so no.

Yes, IA 2nd edition is great about clearly specifying what can be used in normal 40k games.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2012, 04:47:45 PM »
http://www.adepticon.org/12rules/201240KIAApoc.pdf

I have not spent a lot of time looking into the IA units, but at a quick glance, anything in this .pdf that is allowed in their Team Tournament (TT) you'll most likely have no issues fielding.

If someone wants to check that, it would be great.

Super simply, if it is an Apocalypse unit (Gargantuan Creature or Super Heavy) it is not allowed in this event.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

King of the Elves

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2012, 04:53:31 PM »
Hey speaking of IA, on the forge world website there's a army called Imperial Navy, can IG players use these models or is it a separate army? Also what IA book has IG/ Imperial Navy in it? Thanks

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2012, 05:34:51 PM »
Chase should also enforce that anyone using IA stuff have HARD copies of their rules.

You absolutely need a hard copy of your rules if you plan to use any IA unit.

Opening this stuff up is experimental and intended to be fun and causal.  Let's try to avoid any issues.

It's also important to note that if you're fielding an IA unit, you should have the model to represent it.   WYSIWYG, people.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2012, 02:00:55 AM »
Opening this stuff up is experimental and intended to be fun and causal.  Let's try to avoid any issues.
Copy, paste, Megabattle.  ;D

tilarium

• Heroic Tier Level 4
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2012, 11:51:30 AM »
Still avaliable if anyone needs another teamie.  Guard, Marines, or Orks, but let me know soon cause the marine and orks need building! 

Also, anyone know if there's a entry for mounted commissars and which book it's in?  I picked up the mounted DKoK commissar and would love to use it in a game... this might be a great chance!

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2012, 08:32:16 PM »
For what it's worth, I'd like to make one request for this tournament and all future ones.

It's been just my bad luck that my Daemons and I have drawn the only table (out of the 20 or so) largely covered with impassible terrain, two tournaments in a row. The odds against this are remarkable, but I laugh in the face of odds. I also cry alot, too. Now add whining to the list. :P

Just a heads up that otherwise I'll make a scene, because with my new hipster glasses, now you know I'm all about the scene.  8)

Seth

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2012, 09:51:04 PM »
i hope fw being allowed is a more common thing now. that would be awesome. i don't think i can do this tourney but i have 2 warp hunters and a squad of hornets that i would love to be able to play in tourneys.
those who win every battle are not really skillful- those who render others' armies helpless without fighting are the best of all.  ~Master Sun Tzu

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2012, 03:40:19 AM »
For what it's worth, I'd like to make one request for this tournament and all future ones.

It's been just my bad luck that my Daemons and I have drawn the only table (out of the 20 or so) largely covered with impassible terrain, two tournaments in a row. The odds against this are remarkable, but I laugh in the face of odds. I also cry alot, too. Now add whining to the list. :P

Just a heads up that otherwise I'll make a scene, because with my new hipster glasses, now you know I'm all about the scene.  8)

Are you requesting better luck?

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2012, 04:51:17 AM »
Are you requesting better luck?
Actually, that'd be nice! Maybe a new army? If I can't get those (and I won't), as a table is built, put "terrain balance" on the mental checklist. Instead of 5-6 large pieces of impassible terrain, maybe 4 and a couple of ruins?

Here's the table I got in the 1750 event, though the terrain was laid out differently.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150590177100619&set=a.10150590173905619.434231.68808440618&type=3&theater
That giant bastion in the middle was instead on one side, with the four large pieces of rocks equally occupying the remaining 2/3 of the table. When I pointed this out to relevant people before the match started, I got shrugs and "Yeah, that's not good." So now I'll just point it out before the upcoming tournament and go from there. Like I said though, the other tables are generally excellent, but it's generally my lot to discover strange, unforeseen imbalances.

cryptoron

• Epic Tier Level 24
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2012, 06:03:43 PM »
Is there still space for this?  My day might have just freed itself up.
Does anyone need a teammate?
"A Thunderhawk full of Necrons...WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW!!!!!"

tilarium

• Heroic Tier Level 4
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2012, 08:47:59 PM »
Still looking myself.  Guard, marine, or orks in that order of easiest.

cryptoron

• Epic Tier Level 24
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2012, 10:13:48 PM »
Necrons or Eldar for me. 
Do you know of anyone else?
"A Thunderhawk full of Necrons...WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW!!!!!"