Author Topic: [Plainville MA] Warhammer 40k Trios Event - 2/25/2012  (Read 6115 times)

The_Chef

• Epic Tier Level 21
Re: [Plainville MA] Warhammer 40k Trios Event - 2/25/2012
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2012, 11:34:51 PM »
I could probally do this with you Ron. Grey knights, Chaos, Wolves and Salamander Marines for choices.
I do have a problem with Vulcan twin-linking every non-UltraMarine whatever-gun on the table.
Thank you for this Chase

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2012, 01:38:44 PM »
An Abington team (or two) would be awesome!  Please make it happen, guys.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

wheelchairman

• Email
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2012, 10:44:12 AM »
This is Dean (Guy in wheelchair) Looking for a team also, I play Blood Angels.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2012, 06:31:09 PM »
I've been getting a tremendous amount of questions about various things regarding ForgeWorld rules and units.

Let me clarify:

You may only use FW rules if you own a HARD COPY of the rules.  If someone asks you to see the rules for your model and you do not have them, your model will be removed from all subsequent play.

You must also have the FW model or a VERY accurate representation of whatever it is that you're fielding.  An example of this would be using a normal Drop Pod in place of a Dreadnought Drop Pod.

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2012, 10:26:11 PM »
I've been getting a tremendous amount of questions about various things regarding ForgeWorld rules and units.

Let me clarify:

You may only use FW rules if you own a HARD COPY of the rules.  If someone asks you to see the rules for your model and you do not have them, your model will be removed from all subsequent play.

You must also have the FW model or a VERY accurate representation of whatever it is that you're fielding.  An example of this would be using a normal Drop Pod in place of a Dreadnought Drop Pod.

At the risk of sounding like a smart ass, is your example one that is acceptable?

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2012, 10:37:32 PM »
Yeah.  That one seems fine to me.  The Dreadnought Drop Pod is a bit more robust, but it seems fair to me.

Slippery slope I suppose...

...which is why I hate this stuff.

andalucien

• God
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2012, 10:45:14 AM »
May I ask a question about how a certain Necron-related rule will be played at this Trios event (and presumably at the Plainville store events in general)?

Catacomb command barge "flyover attack".  What counts as "flying over"?   Does it follow the rule for Dark Eldar Reavers, where you need to be able to draw a line from the starting position of the barge, through the target, to the ending position of the barge?   Or, can you just fly up to a model so you're overlapping it, then, with the remainder of the barge's movement, go off to the side (or even turn around and fly back to where you started)?

Also, is there an interpretation of this rule that is "the standard"? I'm curious because it seems like everyone loves the Command Barge, but if it works the same way as Dark Eldar flyovers, it would seem almost impossible to use against someone who had ever seen it before.
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2012, 07:31:14 PM »
I forwarded that Necron question along to Sam, the rules guy. He's good at making decisions with reasonable explanations.

keithb

• Epic Tier Level 24
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2012, 01:26:41 PM »

When you say hard copy, do you mean, actually owning the book, or someone printing out a pirated copy of a pdf and bringing it. (I seem to recall several copies of the book @ plainville)

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2012, 02:57:14 PM »
I would like players to have the book on hand if they are planning to use models from it.

There's a chance I'm going to end up regretting the choice to allow these models.  The upside is that every team involved is made up of pretty great people.  I guess we'll see what happens.

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2012, 02:58:30 PM »

When you say hard copy, do you mean, actually owning the book, or someone printing out a pirated copy of a pdf and bringing it. (I seem to recall several copies of the book @ plainville)

It's pretty low rent to bring a pirated rule book to a game store.

keithb

• Epic Tier Level 24
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2012, 12:23:46 PM »
I agree, I own the book.   ;)

Da_Warboss

« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2012, 04:47:57 PM »
Hi all! I'm new to 40k, put I've been putting together an ork army, so if any team needs another player and is ok with a noob, I'd love to play.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2012, 07:05:30 PM »
So we've had quite a few phone calls about the IA stuff....

If a unit entry says, "The following armies can take this unit" or something to that effect, they can take it.

If your army is not on that list you can not take that unit.

If you are playing Death Korps of Krieg, you are playing Death Korp of Kreig, NOT Imperial Guard.  If you are playing Blood Angels, you are playing Blood Angels, NOT Space Marines.

If you feel strongly against this please create a thread so we can discuss it for future events.

Also, we now have 9 teams.  I'd love to get a 10th.  A bye in a team event is terrible.

keithb

• Epic Tier Level 24
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2012, 10:12:09 AM »
So we've had quite a few phone calls about the IA stuff....

If a unit entry says, "The following armies can take this unit" or something to that effect, they can take it.

If your army is not on that list you can not take that unit.

If you are playing Death Korps of Krieg, you are playing Death Korp of Kreig, NOT Imperial Guard.  If you are playing Blood Angels, you are playing Blood Angels, NOT Space Marines.

If you feel strongly against this please create a thread so we can discuss it for future events.

Also, we now have 9 teams.  I'd love to get a 10th.  A bye in a team event is terrible.

What about Derek, Chase, and Sam as the ringer team?