Author Topic: Infinity  (Read 12889 times)

Demonster

• Heroic Tier Level 3
  • So what're we playing today?
Re: Infinity
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2012, 12:41:00 PM »
Do you have an idea what time 'Thursday night' you'll be around?
I got a 1!....That's a good thing, right?

As quoted: Moonie, "What would you do for a Klondike Bar?" Cale, "I would make love to a camel. But it would have to be a mint chocolate chip one."

Chris

• Heroic Tier Level 7
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2012, 12:56:17 PM »
Probably 5:30 till 11 or 12.

I will also bring a few of my models if anyone want to get in a small 100 or 150 point learning game.
We do not stop playing because we get old. We get old when we stop playing.  -Benjamin Franklin

When you come to the end and you can't go any farther, you've got to go over the wall. Gotta see what's there.  -Gary Gygax

Demonster

• Heroic Tier Level 3
  • So what're we playing today?
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2012, 10:46:49 AM »
Sorry, couldn't stay late - had D&D with friends and was already holding everyone up at 5. >.< When would you be available for me to see you and at which store?
I got a 1!....That's a good thing, right?

As quoted: Moonie, "What would you do for a Klondike Bar?" Cale, "I would make love to a camel. But it would have to be a mint chocolate chip one."

Chris

• Heroic Tier Level 7
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2012, 12:39:52 PM »
Next Wednesday or Thursday, not sure what store.  I will let you know.

I am probably also going to pickup a second force so I can do Demo Games.
We do not stop playing because we get old. We get old when we stop playing.  -Benjamin Franklin

When you come to the end and you can't go any farther, you've got to go over the wall. Gotta see what's there.  -Gary Gygax

GossWeapon

• Epic Tier Level 22
  • Legendary Creature - Troll
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2012, 02:00:33 AM »
Is that Chris Curtin?  Teach me how to crush with my knights and ninjas bro.
Tiger's Den founding member

Chris

• Heroic Tier Level 7
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2012, 02:12:13 PM »
I can play an intro game this Thursday probably; not sure what store I will get to this week.

Chris

• Heroic Tier Level 7
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2012, 11:18:24 AM »
Dave or anyone else interested  I can do some small intro games in Abington this Saturday if you want.

Chris

• Heroic Tier Level 7
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2012, 04:18:05 PM »
I will be in Abington on Thursday 9/13; I will probably play a demo game for anyone that wants.

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2012, 04:52:20 PM »
if i had the spare funds ide totaly get the ninjas! is this some sort of Skirmish game?

Chris

• Heroic Tier Level 7
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2012, 05:35:16 PM »
Yes it is a skirmish game.  it play like you would expect sci-fi city fighting to be, fast and very deadly.  The game is very tactical and not about fine tuning a list to get the good results; msot models are playable and almost all have uses the excel at.  It cost about $90-$150 for a full force, the rules are free online; the game also has a wiki that is maintained by the company to help with rules questions, and for very fast reference.

http://www.infinitythegame.com/infinity/en/downloads/
http://infinitythegame.wikispot.org/Home

Infinity has a new campaign book coming out soon, and I would be looking for 3 or 7 other players to play it.

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2012, 05:59:25 PM »
Any links to what the models look like available?

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2012, 06:15:05 PM »
beep bop boop

Chris

• Heroic Tier Level 7
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2012, 06:25:29 PM »
You can see most of the models here.
http://www.infinitythegame.com/infinity/en/facciones/

Here are the faction with a brief description.

PanOceania- High tech largest human nation.
YuJing- Chinese/Japanese; has ninjas and monks; second largest human nation.
Ariadna- First human colony; has Scots with kilts, Russians, Americans and French.
Haqqislam- A new form Islam; based around low tech light infantry.
Nomads- Hi Tech, are a culture that separated from the rest of the human politically.
Aleph- Agents of the AI that control most of the human worlds.
Combined Army- Invading Aliens; First alien civilization seen by humans.

Tohaa- New faction to be release within 1-2 months; Second alien civilization met by humans.  They are allying with humans against the combined army, they have been at war with the combined army for a long time.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 12:37:10 PM by Chris »

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2012, 07:47:19 PM »
these models almost look pre-painted to me

johnnyboy

• Heroic Tier Level 7
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2012, 09:14:33 AM »
there not pre painted lol the guy who paints fo that company is amazing. Ian when you going to play this man i think you would love it.