Author Topic: Plainville Warmahordes  (Read 18736 times)

canadianone

• Paragon Tier Level 17
  • Our beavers are better than you beavers
    • Email
Plainville Warmahordes
« on: March 14, 2012, 06:49:30 PM »
So, i know we sort of have a thread like this stickied, but that one seems to never get updated or looked at. So, this thread in theory will be to help organize games and what not for the (hopefully) growing crowd of people interested in warmachine and hordes in Plainville.

I should be down there tomorrow afternoon (thursday), probably painting if i can find the right colors, but i would love to get a game in with anyone interested, and I will have a good assortment of battle boxes available if you would like to try a test game, or if you don't have your own models yet.

Hope to see someone there!

Emory
Tau theme song, "jump around"

canadianone

• Paragon Tier Level 17
    • Email
Re: Plainville Warmahordes
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 10:28:34 PM »
I get the sinking feeling this thread is not going to go any where, but if anyone is interested, i will be in saturday painting, and i would be up for some games (especially practice battle box games).

Rofel

• Heroic Tier Level 3
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 11:29:49 PM »
I can come down for some games if you want. What time will you be around?

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27
  • "No, but have you hearda' Magic?"
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 11:59:37 PM »
Ya I'm done with minis for a bit just gonna stick to legacy.

canadianone

• Paragon Tier Level 17
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 12:11:27 AM »
Im going to be in at 10, hopefully getting some painting done, and then i don't know when im leaving.

Rofel

• Heroic Tier Level 3
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 10:17:56 AM »
I'll prolly drop pin round 11, do some painting for my league army, maybe a game or two if you're up for it.

canadianone

• Paragon Tier Level 17
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2012, 08:00:25 PM »
Thanks for the games, have you ever considered using kayazy assassins? The only reason i say this is because they would make another good counter assault unit to take out hordes of light infantry like my pirates, Assault Kommandos are also really good for that because they can shoot as they charge and get two melee attacks. That or maybe a mortar, with fire for effect, it could actually hit something XD

canadianone

• Paragon Tier Level 17
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2012, 10:32:36 PM »
Hey, Tim, I came up with a 25 point list (Don't worry, its for Magnus, not shae) and i would love to try it out if you can make it down next thursday

EStenberg

• Email
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2012, 08:23:13 PM »
I live a virtually equal distance between the plainville and abbington store and am sitting around with tons of warmahordes stuff wishing i could play. but still waiting on the paperwork for my car to go through so i can put it on the road. I really want to meet people and make friends out in this part of the state as i moved here from western mass and am living in bridgewater now.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2012, 08:25:44 PM »
Awesome!  Hopefully you can make it to the Battlebox tournament on the 31st of this month!
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

EStenberg

• Email
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2012, 08:57:42 PM »
Awesome!  Hopefully you can make it to the Battlebox tournament on the 31st of this month!

I don't have a battle box for either of my armies. -_- I lost both the Argus's (Argi?) from the circle starter box and made my cryx from scratch skipping the battle box as I didnt want half the models out of it. If I have time I might pick up a battlebox of another faction for fun but no promises really as money is tight and no idea when the car starts rolling.

canadianone

• Paragon Tier Level 17
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2012, 10:54:31 PM »
Well, first of all, welcome to BG! We'd love to see you around plainville, especially saturdays and thursdays! second of all, my brother collects battle boxes, and said that as long as you are careful, he doesn't mind you using one for the day.

He has
-Khador
-cygnar
-cryx
-skorne

Pick two, as he will be playing one of them and might choose your first pick, but it will most likely be skorne. Also, if you happen to have Broadsides Bart, i have the rest of the talion charter box if that floats your boat (PUN'd)!!!

Either way, hope to see you there, and any thursday that you can make it.

Emory vanBruinswaardt

EStenberg

• Email
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2012, 01:06:39 AM »
Awesome Thank you so much! I could put down some form of collateral with the store owner to make is all gravy if needed. If you are comfortable with me borrowing that is awesome anyway. I think me and my girlfriend will head down now! We were on the fence considering we only have 1 battlebox between us but now I'm in for sure. Just got to convince her to give a tournament playing a shot! But, even if thats not her speed I'm sure she wouldnt mind kicking it and playing on the side or something. Thank you for the warm welcome you guys really are pretty awesome.

Rofel

• Heroic Tier Level 3
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2012, 04:41:36 PM »
I have league games tonight in Abington so I can't make it to Plainville.

canadianone

• Paragon Tier Level 17
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2012, 10:25:40 PM »
Tim, no problem, and Est, no need, if you have played before, we trust you with the models. Hope you can make it down soon, and if not, we will hopefully see you during the tournament!