Author Topic: [Abington MA] Warmachine/Hordes 50-Point Team Event Tournament - May 19th  (Read 2251 times)

Battleground

• Store Owner
  • Dungeon Master
  • Epic Tier Level 25
  • DMing since 1983
    • Battleground Games & Hobbies
    • Email
Battleground Games & Hobbies in Abington MA[/center]

Warmachine / Hordes 50-Point Team Event Tournament

Format: 50-Point Team Event Tournament*
Date: May 19th, 2012 (a Saturday)
Time: 12:00pm NOON
Entrance Fee: $10.00 per person / $20 per team
Prizes: All entree fees will go towards prize support in store credit to the top placing teams. Certificates will also be awarded to the top teams.

Registration: To register for the event please contact derek@battlegroundgames.com. Please include your name AND your partners name in the e-mail.

RULES FOR WARMACHINE / HORDES TOURNAMENT

* This event follows all the current Steamroller rules (SR2012) except as follows:

• Both players on a team play during the same turn, but only one player is allowed to activate models at a time.
  • 1 List Required: Players must bring exactly 1 army list.
  • Each player brings his or her 25-point list to make one 50-point list for the team.
  • Character models/units can only appear once in the combined list of the team (i.e., 1 Fenris total in the combined 50-point list).
  • Each player gets full FA allotment in their 25 point list (each player can take the same Unit Attachment that is FA 1 if they both have the unit in their respective lists).
  • Both players do not need to play the same faction (one player can field Cryx while their teammate fields Cygnar). This is optional, not forced!
  • Both players do not need to play the same system (one player can be fielding a Hordes army while their teammate fields a Warmachine army). This is optional, not forced!
  • All models on a team are considered friendly, but they retain their original faction.
  • If both players on a team play the same faction all models are considered 'friendly faction' model.
  • No Theme Forces allowed because the overall army has more than one warcaster/warlock.
  • Assassin Scoring: If there is no clear winner at the end of a tournament, use the number of ’caster kill wins as the tiebreak condition (followed by Strength of Schedule and then Control Points, if needed).
  • No Reinforcements: The Reinforcements rule will be removed from all scenarios played at the event.

Address:
1501 Bedford Street
Abington MA 002351

Parking on site

Google Maps

Battleground's Facebook Page

Mailing List

Please contact me at derek@battlegroundgames.com with any questions.

"The final word, then, is the game." - Gary Gygax

EStenberg

• Email
Circle player looking for a partner!

King of the Elves

how many points are in a starter box (khador)? :)

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
To answer this correctly so I don't get jumped on.

There are 11 points in a Starter box (Battlebox) For the Warcaster that comes in it.

The warcaster gives a number of Free points to use on Warjacks in your army if you switch Warcasters you may gain or lose these free points so your list may not be 11 points.

Warcaster 1 gives you 5 free points so you can take 16 points worth of Warjacks in an 11 point game.

Warcaster 2 gives you 3 free points so you can take 14 points worth of Warjacks in an 11 point games.

So the Starter box has 11 points including the free points for that warcaster.
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

Rofel

• Heroic Tier Level 3
    • Email
The standard khador battlebox is 11 points. The khador half of the 2 player starter set is 20 points.

jfoodmaster

• Paragon Tier Level 12
  • For the United Kriels!
    • Building and Painting Blog
    • Email
how many points are in a starter box (khador)? :)

King, I'm sure if you want to play, we can come up with a Khador force for you as long as you don't mind mismatched color schemes on the models. MSG me or something if you are interested and I'll figure something out for you.

Khornagaunt

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
Are there going to be timed turns?

jfoodmaster

• Paragon Tier Level 12
  • For the United Kriels!
    • Email
Yes, there will be timed turns. Don't worry :)

Rofel

• Heroic Tier Level 3
    • Email
What time would we expect the tourney to be done? I'm seeing if I can squeeze it in to my day before I have other stuff going on in the evening.

jfoodmaster

• Paragon Tier Level 12
  • For the United Kriels!
    • Email
It starts at noon, so no lunch break. I'd say maybe 4-5 hours. I don't expect more than 3 rounds.

Also, turns will be 10 minutes with a 5 minute extension per team (once per game).

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
I am just curious about the point of timed Turns is. I never played in a tournament but it just seems weird to limit a turn and not a round in total. Coming from 40k so I don't know how much of a difference it makes.
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27
  • "No, but have you hearda' Magic?"
No slow play.