Author Topic: 6th Ed Rumours  (Read 1610 times)

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Re: 6th Ed Rumours
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2012, 09:08:13 PM »
If we see 40k 6th Edition this July, alongside a Core Set, I will be VERY happy.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

King of the Elves

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2012, 12:19:03 AM »
So what GW is doing makes perferct business sence.
That statement is never true.

This is just as far as not wanting to give out the day that 6th ed goes out other than that, how they are still even in business is anyone's guess

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2012, 01:29:33 AM »
Because they are like the only Major Worldwide Scale Miniature Gaming Company. UK,Australia, US, South America, and many More Games Workshop been around for so long its hard to dislodge them. Even if you pick up a different hobby you still put your initial investment into 40k. The Business model stinks but because we want to play we still deal with it.
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2012, 08:51:13 AM »
The Business model stinks but because we want to play we still deal with it.
Which is a tremendous problem when they release a universally reviled ruleset like Fantasy 8th. h-h-h-h-hobby breaker.

MM3791

• God
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2012, 01:25:01 AM »
The Business model stinks but because we want to play we still deal with it.
Which is a tremendous problem when they release a universally reviled ruleset like Fantasy 8th. h-h-h-h-hobby breaker.

8th fantasy was actually a massive improvement to the WFB hobby.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2012, 03:02:44 AM »
How so?

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27
  • "No, but have you hearda' Magic?"
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2012, 04:08:40 AM »
bad trolls are bad.

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2012, 10:04:31 AM »
Quote from: Benjamin link=topic=4294.msg38264#msg38264  when they release a universally reviled ruleset like Fantasy 8th.
[/quote

Fun fact, I havent played WHFB with anything other than passing interest in years, I'm now learning 8th with my son and we're having a blast so definately not "universally reviled".

If they make drastic changes to 40k? There will be a angst, and some nerd rage, some will quit, but most will play on, yes we'll lose some people, but we'll pick up others.

Meh change is always a pain, ... **Trying to rember a waynes world quote. something about underwear***

enjoy,
Alan
But the universe is a big place and, whatever happens, you will not be missed...

"When Ghandi advocated his philosophy of none violence, I bet he didn't know how much fun it was killing stuff!" (Raj, The big bang theory)

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2012, 11:33:27 AM »
I can admit the phrase universally reviled is too strong. But these Plainville eyes tell me 40k, MtG and Warmachine are growing and vibrant, and I wouldn't use those words with Fantasy. It's really the competitive side that fuels a hobby/game community, and the competition is only as good as the ruleset. Maybe something else is wrong with Fantasy, but I see the number and scope of amendments to run an event and it makes me think it could be better.

MM3791

• God
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2012, 12:30:21 PM »
How so?

Well probably the three biggest changes imo were 1) changing how combat phase worked, 2) balancing the magic phase, and 3) making good ol' infantry not suck anymore

1) In previous editions only the 1st rank could fight and if the 1st rank died before attacking then the rest of the unit couldn't attack back. In 8th they added step up and supporting attacks and now combat works "similarly" to combat in 40k.

2) rebalanced magic phase so the more "magical armies" like DE, Daemons, VC couldn't spam magic against the magic-lite armies

3) Previously cavalry dominated most army list (the same way mech dominates in 40k) and infantry lists were generally pretty terrible. In 8th they gave infantry a major boost as mentioned above as well as the steadfast rule, which made it more difficult for elite units to break lighter ones.

Anyways that's only the 3 biggest but there were a ton of other changes too which made the game more balanced too.

As far as 40k is concerned, in 4th edition transports were death traps and tanks were way easier to kill. 5th is still better then 4th was imo, but I do expect mech to be far less powerful then it is now, just like WFB cavalry. I'm very excited for 6th, I expect lots of cool changes and I'm sure lots of lists will become more dynamic too.