Author Topic: PAX East 2013  (Read 2549 times)

tanatoes

• Always gaming
    • Email
PAX East 2013
« on: October 08, 2012, 05:41:04 PM »
Heyah, Friends!

Looks like PAX East 2013 badges went on sale today.  Seeing as how it was at PAX East this year that my wife and I got back into MTG I'm really looking forward to PAX next year.  Hopefully we'll even be helping out the Battleground team!

As a heads up I'd like to warn anybody planning to attend this year that hotel rooms are going fast for the weekend of PAX.  The Westin is already sold out and I think the Renaissance might be by now as well.

Looking forward to seeing you all at the Expo (and, well, every Friday before then too.)

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Re: PAX East 2013
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 08:05:27 PM »
This is good advice, take it.

Thanks, Andrew!  I'm looking forward to having you and your wife on the team.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 10:19:01 PM »
Question to the guys who were there last year.

Is there a "best" day to go? or does each day have different stuff? (doesn't look like the have a schedule posted on the site yet)

thanks in advance

tanatoes

• Always gaming
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 02:04:31 AM »
Each day has different panels to attend.  As for "best" day - well that depends on what you're looking for.  Saturday is usually the busiest day and Sunday is the slowest (as well as being a short day.)  There are concerts on Friday and Saturday night which are pretty amazing.  If you're just looking for a day of Magic and other tabletop gaming you could go any time - it's much quieter and less crazy in the tabletop gaming area so it's a good place to unwind if the huge crowds and noise of the main exhibition floor gets to be too much.  The exhibition floor doesn't really change day to day so if you're looking to check out all the game demos and  such you probably want to hit Friday or Sunday (when it's less madhouse.)

My wife's advice is "don't try to see everything."  It's too big and too crazy.  Better to pick a few things you really want to check out and relax and enjoy the experience. 

All that being said I have two take-aways from last year:  First - the closing ceremonies and Omeganaut finals are not to be missed if you possibly can catch them.  Second - most of the best times we've had are not at the con itself but in the hotel lobby or tabletop gaming area just playing games with random strangers and internet celebrities.

Most of all - HAVE FUN!  Hope to see you there amongst the crowds.

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 07:27:23 PM »
Thanks for the advice, crazy that they already sold out of 3 day passes. I wanted to see the celebrity D@D game (if they're even having it this year) but they don't have any events scheduled yet. Me and some friends just got passes for Friday, looks to be a good time.