Author Topic: BloodBowl League in Abington - The DeathCup  (Read 37996 times)

Lykosan

• Epic Tier Level 22
BloodBowl League in Abington - The DeathCup
« on: December 02, 2012, 03:09:56 PM »

The DeathCup League will be starting on Dec 9th, sorry for the late response in alerting people to this but I have had things going on.

The DeathCup League will run for 12 Weeks. With the start of a new week on Sunday obviously.

The Deathcup Commissioner will be Stephen Riley, Lykosan on the Forum Boards.

The finals for the League will run the following Saturday or Sunday depending on what is best for the 4 Teams that have made it there.

The rule set that will be used is the Blood Bowl Competition Rules that can be found here: http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2350017a_m780049a_Blood_Bowl_Competition_Rules.pdf

The following additional Teams are allowed to be used: http://www.orclahomabowl.com/documents/New_Teams.pdf

You will have 1,000,000 gold to buy your team with the following exception: DO NOT BUY FAN FACTOR. Every Team will start with a Fan Factor of 5 and it will go up or down per the normal rules of the game but it will not count towards your Team Value. All Team Rosters will be kept at the Store in a Binder that I will provide. Along with these Rosters will be provided Result sheets to track your Win Lose records.

As for actual models to be used: No you do not have to have actual BloodBowl Models to play in this league. the models you do use must be Numbered in some way. The models that represent different positions must make it clear it is actually a different position: A Human Catcher and a Human Blitzer should not have the same model. That is the only modeling rule I have for this League.

Sudden Death will be used for each game played.

Each Team will be allowed to play up to 2 games against each opponent each week that will actually count for the League, anymore is just for fun and have no bearing at all on the League.

Each Coach will be required to sign up on these boards (if they are not already here) and tell me what their Username is. If you do not do this that Team will be disqualified and thrown out of the league and replaced with a bunch of squigs that can at least do that simple of a task. This is because if their are any special rules for the current week or any anouncments they will be in this Thread. Also the Written challenge rule will be used and you will need to be able to respond to my messages if I end up sending you one.

To be eligible for the Finals you will have to play at the least 12 games. The Final 4 Teams will be picked based on their Win-Loss Ratio. The Standings will be done Weekly.

I am aiming to cap this at 16 Teams total. The cutoff for joining the League will be the week of 12/30/12. If you joined the League by this point you are eligible to play up to 10 make up games to simulate the first 2 weeks of the League. Make up games are limited to 4 games against the same opponent and must be marked as such on the Results sheet or I will be led to believe Shenanagins are being had and the Bruiser Squigs will be sent out to have lunch. These make up games must be played by the 6th week of the League or they will no longer be able to be played.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 12:55:04 AM by Lykosan »

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
Re: BloodBowl League in Abington - The DeathCup
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 03:45:27 PM »
Ian Mulligan - Chaos Pact

Stephanie Mulligan (Stephatron on the forums) - Orcs orcs orcs.

Steve, I'll make the trophy!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 05:51:55 PM by Ian Mulligan »
beep bop boop

Zaroth

• Heroic Tier Level 3
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 04:31:07 PM »
The Grudebearers(Dwarves) will be there.

KingElthur

• Heroic Tier Level 8
    • The Gate Stormers
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 12:11:05 AM »
I am in, Dwarf team, The Bad News Beards.

Drew

Skarsnik123

• Heroic Tier Level 1
  • I think thats how that rule works
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 06:57:50 PM »
Boris' Neckbiters <Vampire Counts> are in

Skarsnik123

• Heroic Tier Level 1
  • I think thats how that rule works
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 06:58:48 PM »
Thats Jay Walker btw

deathwatch101

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 07:35:42 PM »
alex moon  high elves
Knowledge is Power,Guard it Well

Demonster

• Heroic Tier Level 3
  • So what're we playing today?
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 08:00:48 PM »
Withdrawing from the League.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 04:44:19 AM by Demonster »
I got a 1!....That's a good thing, right?

As quoted: Moonie, "What would you do for a Klondike Bar?" Cale, "I would make love to a camel. But it would have to be a mint chocolate chip one."

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 10:27:47 PM »
Just spoke with some local folks on FUMBBL about this. Exciting!

Also, too many dwarfs!
beep bop boop

happygrue

• Email
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2012, 10:34:15 PM »
I'm one of those FUMBBL folks, just signed up here.  Recently moved to the area (Bridgewater) and hadn't really looked into Blood Bowl as I assumed I'd have to get all the way into Boston... but I would be really interested in this.  Not sure yet if I could make it work for this season or not, I guess it depends a bit on what day and time.

joebear

• Email
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2012, 10:37:47 PM »
Hey Guys. Ian just clued me in on this league over on Fumbbl. I'm living in East Boston without a car. It would be a bit of a trek with public transportation, but I don't mind.

Is it imperative that I be there this Sunday? I'm going on a snowboarding trip this weekend. Normally Sunday's work great for me.

I guess I can play Wood Elves, if you don't already have them. I'd rather play Underworld, but that team is still on its way in the mail, and I would have to use different figures to represent them for the first two weeks or so.

This is exciting!

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2012, 10:39:07 PM »
Missing a week should be fine.
beep bop boop

KingElthur

• Heroic Tier Level 8
    • The Gate Stormers
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2012, 10:48:12 PM »
Just spoke with some local folks on FUMBBL about this. Exciting!

Also, too many dwarfs!

Ian, you need to stop spreading filthy lies! There is no such thing as too many Dwarves!

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2012, 10:52:23 PM »
Uuuughghghhghghg. I'm so glad I decided against my goblins or underworld. Tackle is brutal.
beep bop boop

micahmbg

• Email
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2012, 11:58:20 PM »
I'm in! Will let you know my team in a day or so, micahmbg is micah obv :)