Author Topic: Pathfinder info  (Read 9010 times)

jbkilroy

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
Re: Pathfinder info
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2013, 04:09:50 PM »
Elven wizard: Select one 1st level arcane school power that is normally usable 3 + Int mod times per day; you gain 1/2 uses per day of that power.

Human barbarian: Add 1/2 bonus to trap sense OR 1/3 bonus to the superstitious rage power.

Half-orc barbarian: Add 1 to your total number of rage rounds per day.

Any ability that increases by a fraction has no effect until you accumulate a whole number.  Any ability that increases your speed has no effect until your speed increases by a multiple of 5 (5 feet, 10 feet etc)
"Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere"

jbkilroy

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2013, 04:54:19 PM »
If anyone is planning on taking the leadership feat when it becomes available (level 7 I think) let me know sometime so I can plan some NPCs that might want to follow you.

GossWeapon

• Epic Tier Level 22
  • Legendary Creature - Troll
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2013, 09:41:06 PM »
"No Dave, pathfinder is stupid", Now who's the fools around here? :P
Tiger's Den founding member

Lykosan

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2013, 10:39:24 PM »
You.

Thomas callahan

• Order
  • Heroic Tier Level 9
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2013, 11:27:02 PM »
well, leadership feat doesnt suit my character, unless said NPC wouldnt stop following around my character, then i would take it just for fluff.

Besides, dont really know how cohorts work in pathfinder.
Blood bowl W14-L14-T1
40K 0-0
Hords 2-1

jbkilroy

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2013, 12:59:27 PM »
First, let me say that I never opposed playing Pathfinder; just as the time there wasn't enough interest within the group to switch to it.  Dave was in fact the person I first heard talk about it.

Cohorts are NPCs with class levels locked 2-3 levels behind yours and they do indeed follow you around everywhere.  Basically I would give you the character sheet for them and you would run their character as well as your own in combat.  In RP situations I would still control them as an NPC.  Technically Leadership also allows you to recruit low level 'followers' but I don't think that part is very interesting/useful so we can ignore that part unless you really wanted them.

Guu

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2013, 05:52:28 PM »
Dave...DAVE WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG!

I've considered the leadership feat in this game (no joke) but I wasn't going to decide one way or the other until I lived to 5th level or so.  My charisma isn't killer anyways.

Thomas callahan

• Order
  • Heroic Tier Level 9
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2013, 01:04:40 AM »
if leadership works like 3.5 then charisma only works for followers, not cohorts. Also, the only reason why i would take leadership feat with this character would be if said NPC forced themselves to either 1) to work for my character. 2) Wanted to become an apprentice. 3) Thought they owed their life to my character and wished to pay off a dept. 4) Just thought my character was a next to be mortal to god 8)

other than that, it doesnt make sense for my ranger who worships the free ways and drinking of cayden to want someone to follow him around unless they really wanted to or a very beautiful maiden.

Also josh, everyones charisma sucks in our group. Im at i think 12 and appearently thats just 1 point lower than the highest which is jay
Blood bowl W14-L14-T1
40K 0-0
Hords 2-1

jbkilroy

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2013, 10:25:08 PM »
CHA only works to give a bonus or penalty to the level of your cohort.  Other things like being known as a hero can cancel that out.  Basically it's the difference between the cohort being 2 levels behind you or 3 levels behind.

The reason why I'm asking about it now is so I can come up with a character with reasons to follow your free-range ranger ass around.