Author Topic: Needing a team for GP Providence  (Read 1741 times)

azurarutlan

Needing a team for GP Providence
« on: May 06, 2013, 12:05:30 AM »
Hello!

Not sure if anyone will remember me, but I came down in August 2011 and played a few games at the shop including an FNM.  One of the players was even nice enough to offer to drop from the car he was in to give me a ride to SCG "Boston" as they tried calling it over in Boxborough.

In any case I'm now a level 1 judge and attending the judge conference before GP Providence.  I was unfortunately declined to be staff so I'm hoping to find a team for the GP.  If anyone does have room on a team and would like to talk to me more about joining a team please let me know.  I'm a solid limited player and ended up 6-3 at GP Pittsburgh about a month or so ago and lost my win and in for day 2, so I do think I would be an asset.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Re: Needing a team for GP Providence
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 04:01:29 AM »
I feel like your best bet as far as finding a team goes would be to head over to Abington on a Wednesday night for Standard or Friday night for FNM and meet, hang out with, and play with some of the guys there.

Where are you from?  What's your name?
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

azurarutlan

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 11:32:10 AM »
My name is Brian Perry.  And I don't live locally; I'm living in Michigan right now but my family is all in the Attleboro/North Attleborough area.  I did come out to the Plainville location last time I was out that way and met a lot of people who ended up going to the SCG Open, but I didn't get contact information.  That's why I posted on your forums in hopes that one of them is looking for another, or someone from the Abington store needs another as my usual group from up here isn't going to this GP.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 06:21:22 PM »
If I hear from anyone I'll definitely point them in this direction.  Unfortunately, very, very few of our Magic players look at the message boards.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

azurarutlan

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 06:41:27 PM »
I appreciate that.  I'd stop by for the FNM the night before the GP, but I'll be at that judge conference all day until likely 10pm or so.  Worst case I'll poke around there and see if any judges are interested.