Author Topic: New MTG Card Player here, looking to learn and make some friends.  (Read 1292 times)

Lejes007

Hey guys,

My name is Rob. I am a brand new not even a week old card player. Looking to begin to attend events at your location but right now primarily looking to also meet other gamers and learn the ropes. I have been playing online periodically, but I rather play live. I did purchase the starter kit, so I have some built decks, but obviously they wont be up to standard to really compete. But for me that's fine, I rather play and get the experience and watch others play as well, and I am not above having someone sit with me and make recommendations, suggestions, and constructive criticism if some one is willing to do so.

Anyway I see you have a FNM this Thursday as well as a casual game day the following day. Which would be better for me to attend as a new player. Anyway I look forward to meeting and talking with the employee's and the MTG community surrounding it. Thanks in advance for your responses and see you all game day.

Robert

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Re: New MTG Card Player here, looking to learn and make some friends.
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 10:03:56 PM »
Robert, I just saw your post in the Magic forum.  here's what I wrote.

Hi Robert, I'm glad you found our message boards and are looking to join the community.

I'm Chase and I work at the Plainville location on most of the nights where "Magic" happens.

If you're looking to meet new players and gain some experience I highly recommend coming down at roughly 6:00pm on Friday nights before our Friday Night Magic tournament (FNM).  If you can't make it on Friday night, Monday nights around 6:00pm before out Draft tournaments are also a good bet.  There's usually quite a bit of casual Magic and playtesting going on at both of those times.

We look forward to meeting you!   
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel