Author Topic: The One Shot Trot  (Read 1239 times)

battlinbones

The One Shot Trot
« on: August 01, 2013, 02:56:22 PM »
Hey folks,

The guys I normally game with have become ever more spread out these days so despite a really busy work schedule I've been hoping to maybe find some more locals to RP with.  I'm figuring I'll have 1-3 times a month open to get some gaming in and was hoping to find some other folks who wouldn't mind a relaxed approach to it.  I'm not dying to get any major campaign going so far, just looking to do up some one shots and short, multi-session games with premades and/or handmades.  In the group I normally game with I tend to run most of the games, so I'm plenty happy doing that or playing.  I'm out in Upton, MA and in my late twenties so my only request is that any folks interested be around that ballpark age. Lower or higher isn't a big deal, I'm just looking for some people that are easy enough to relate to as peers.

So here's a quick list of RPGs I greatly enjoy and would definitely run one shots or short, repeat sessions of for now:

Trail of Cthulhu
Ashen Stars
Dresden Files
Aces & Eights
Godlike
Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG
Atomic Highway
Darwin's World
Gamma World (4th Edition or the new boxed set edition, 7th or some such)
Twilight 2013
Warhammer Fantasy Role Playing (1st, 2nd, or 3rd)

I've more experience running some of those than others, but like I said, I'm not looking to start a campaign right off the bat.  I'm more just looking to have some quick, ready at hand RPG fun.  Way I see it, you just sit down for a few hours and get into some fast paced play to really get into the system and setting.  I'm not super intense about this, just looking to have a blast.  If any of those games stand out more than others I'd be happy to focus on them for a group, or like I said, play what people want to play if it interests me.  Hopefully something gets rolling.  Thanks for the look.  Enjoy.