Author Topic: Had my first game of Warmachine with models I own....  (Read 3016 times)

andalucien

• God
Had my first game of Warmachine with models I own....
« on: January 23, 2014, 05:27:06 PM »
It was my Convergence battlebox against my friend's Cryx battlebox.

Loved it!  This is gonna be THE GAME for me for a while I think as I slowly get my stuff painted and slowly ease out of 40k.   Rules were so smooth, every time we wondered about something we looked it up and it made total sense.  Plus, the models each have so much personality in terms of what they can do.  Great fun.

Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

Erich

• Heroic Tier Level 5
Re: Had my first game of Warmachine with models I own....
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 07:15:28 PM »
Good to hear. It is a game I would like to try again. Seems each time I have played it is the same...like the games do not change much...maybe it is not dynamic enough, not sure...just has not taken off with me.

I should find some of the models I have and give it another go.

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 07:30:16 AM »
I'm glad to hear it! Convergence is about to get the rest of the stuff to fill out their line so you are starting at a great point.

Erich, I find the game can shift how it plays depending on the opponent and even depending on your warcaster.  If you found yourself in Abington on a Thursday night, most everyone up there would you a game at a lower point level so you can experience being corroded away by Cryx, shot to hell by Cygnar and Retribution, burned by Menoth, drowned by Gators... ;)

Also, because the community is growing pretty quickly, I'm sure there are plenty of people who will loan out some models if you want to give it a go. I've got Cygnar and Mercenary armies you could take for a spin.

Erich

• Heroic Tier Level 5
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 02:20:22 PM »
Erich, I find the game can shift how it plays depending on the opponent and even depending on your warcaster.  If you found yourself in Abington on a Thursday night, most everyone up there would you a game at a lower point level so you can experience being corroded away by Cryx, shot to hell by Cygnar and Retribution, burned by Menoth, drowned by Gators... ;)

Also, because the community is growing pretty quickly, I'm sure there are plenty of people who will loan out some models if you want to give it a go. I've got Cygnar and Mercenary armies you could take for a spin.

Good to know. None of the models or factions really stand out to me aesthetically save perhaps Cryx, playing some games and seeing the play style of each would shed some light on choices I am sure. Abington on a Thursday is the tough part though...I'll have to plan on a special trip.

andalucien

• God
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 02:56:00 PM »
I'm glad to hear it! Convergence is about to get the rest of the stuff to fill out their line so you are starting at a great point.

Yep, it's pretty exciting.  I like starting off in a more limited faction because there is just a little less to get my head around (although still a lot).

I've already started assembling my Prime Axiom - /w/ ultraviolet light streams coming out of its hands (UV led's) :)
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 04:31:10 PM »

Yep, it's pretty exciting.  I like starting off in a more limited faction because there is just a little less to get my head around (although still a lot).

I've already started assembling my Prime Axiom - /w/ ultraviolet light streams coming out of its hands (UV led's) :)

That sounds cool. 

MightyBooshy

• Email
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 05:32:46 PM »
If abington is too far away remember that there are also tables down in Plainville.  I live right down the road from the plainville store and would be more than happy to get some games in sometimes.  There isn't really a standard day that people play but I would be up for just about any weeknight. 

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2014, 10:30:51 PM »
If abington is too far away remember that there are also tables down in Plainville.  I live right down the road from the plainville store and would be more than happy to get some games in sometimes.  There isn't really a standard day that people play but I would be up for just about any weeknight.

^^ Yeah, what he said. They have quite the community down in Plainville with the occasional cross pollination in between.

andalucien

• God
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2014, 01:20:54 PM »
Played again this week, it was with a small Aurora force (Aurora, 3 Angels, Diffuser, Cyper) vs. the Khador battlebox.

Very impressed with how different the game felt with a different warcaster.  The game ended with Aurora making a majestic swoop over to kill Sorcha from 13" away.  Very cool.

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2014, 01:24:22 AM »
Well, I think Cyrisis is a little special in that regard.  True of everybody, though.