Author Topic: Happy 40th Birthday Dungeons & Dragons  (Read 1398 times)

Librarian

• Heroic Tier Level 8
    • Email
Happy 40th Birthday Dungeons & Dragons
« on: January 26, 2014, 09:08:15 PM »
In the dying days of January 40 years ago Dungeons & Dragons was born. It was born because Unlike a rock or video game it grows, changes, and creates new things every time you experience it and that is in a rough way the definition of life and living things are born not made.

People are going to write a lot more about the game but on the wizards site they have a few little entries from ed greenwood, creator of the forgotten realms, and troy denning where each in brief talks about there first D&D experiences, so I decided to keep the Idea alive.

I first found D&D almost by accident, a friends uncle new that he loved fantasy novels and had found one of the old box sets at the mall for his birthday, the next afternoon I was abducted by hobgoblins, battled an evil wizard and released a werewolf from his cage, by the summers end I had fought a dragon and was hunted by the city guard for the assasination of an archmage, my one chance to prove my innocence lay in tracking down the real killer before I was captured myself.

So to the thing that has been with me through more years than I like to think about, Happy 40th D&D.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Re: Happy 40th Birthday Dungeons & Dragons
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 08:11:40 PM »
:)
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel