Author Topic: War of the Sphere: Battletech Map Campaign  (Read 20419 times)

Earl

• Heroic Tier Level 4
Re: War of the Sphere: Battletech Map Campaign
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2014, 08:33:02 AM »
That's the list you can choose from, based on whether for you the unit is Front Line or Second Line. So no rolling.

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2014, 01:14:34 AM »
Going with Clan hell's horses

I do have a few more questions. I have gotten solaris to work but some equipment is missing and their vehicle design program is missing the page template.  So its like a connect the dots when you print preview.

One question I had was how do you tell if something has a transport capacity?

Second, I was going through the Total Warfare book to brush up on how things work and i can not for the life of me locate the rules for artillery.  I just found a blurb about it being able to fire directly/indirectly.  If you chose to fire indirectly you need a spotter/TAG.  If you have a spotter both it and the artillery fire at +1.  If you TAG you light the target and it is hit, but then it says to roll to hit and  if successful deal full damage to the hex and secondary to surrounding hexes.  If you miss deal just secondary damage.  I'm just confused on the procedure here.

Also how does skill factor into a units overall total BV?

And if we lose a pilot and attempt to recruit a new one, with the new guy start at 4/4 or can they be veterans?

Earl

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2014, 01:22:02 PM »
Okay firs what equipmnt is missing, heat sinks?

Carrying capacity can be found under troop compartment and it then gives a tonnage  which is the weight of the troops it an carry.

Artillery is in Tatical Operations and not in Total Warfare where it goes into the rules in more detail.

In the Techmanual it gives the matrix for this. But since it and SSW give different numbers were going with how SSW does it. A  3/4 pilot usually multiplies the bv of the unit by 1.5, but for some reason SSW does 1.22 unless we missed something.

And all recruits will be 4/4.

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2014, 08:03:32 PM »
I have my list where should I send it too ?

PM on here or email it?  Let me know what you think, I took into account the information you gave me.

Also, in SSW do I have to create and load MASC because it doesn't show up under equipment.

Earl

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2014, 01:23:24 PM »
Email or PM is fine a written/typed up copy would also be good.

MASC is an option under engines in SSW the first page there, not where you get your weapons and such.

Zaroth

• Heroic Tier Level 3
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2014, 02:43:56 PM »
Where can we print out battlearmor sheets.  The suits I'm planning to use have modular weapon mounts and I can't find what the primary weapon configuration is.

Earl

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2014, 12:41:30 PM »
Check the TRO they were printed in, I shared the sheets with most people. Also there is no real primary one.

cryptoron

• Epic Tier Level 24
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2014, 09:09:17 PM »
This is the Month #1 Battle Roster

Attacker          Defender          Planet
Cale                Kevin               Second Try
Josh               Chris                Addicks
Earl                Dan                  Sky
Ron                Uggh                Ronel
Tim                Adam                Graham IV

Please post battle results (winner/loser/ changes in War Chest)
"A Thunderhawk full of Necrons...WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW!!!!!"

Hiznipp

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2014, 10:23:24 PM »
Battle result for the planet of Skye. 12k BV, no extra objectives.
Attacker Earl was pushed back by the defence of the Raven Aliance.

Altough mostly out matched by tonage, Earl put up a well fought battle with four mechs and two points of armor. The mech battles were intense and costly for both sides.  Two of my five mechs left the feild with masive damage.  Earl had two mech's that could not continue the fight. One left on it's own power, though without arms, and one did not leave due to loss of it's engine.  With the battle armor out of ammo or close to it, my three remaining mechs took victory.

Raven Mech list and damage sustained:
Omen (85ton) External Damge, replace ammo
Cauldron-Born Prime (65) No Damage, Replace ammo
Rifleman IIC (65) External Damage, Pilot Hit x1
Vulture Mk IV Prime (60) Internal and External Damage, Pilot Hit x1, Engine hit x2, Replace ammo
Uller Prime (30) Internal and External Damage, Engine hit x1, Replace ammo

I will post current war-chest soon,  battle damage costs are being reviewed by Earl.
Good game.
"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on" - Robert Bloch

Steel Hammerhands

• Email
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2014, 06:12:59 PM »
Hey, this message is for Adam. This is Tim, your opponent for this month. Feel free to add me on facebook (Tim Malley) or just contact me through this thread. My best nights for a game would be Tuesday, Wednesday, or a weekend night. Let me know. Fair warning, it has been a long time since I have played.

Imp

• Paragon Tier Level 15
  • ImpsCorner.com
    • Imp's Corner
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2014, 05:32:50 PM »
Hey Tim i talked to Shaun earlier i had to back out of the campaign, sorry mate but good news you get a free pass from the crushing i would have given you hahaha
Children yet, the tale to hear, Eager eye and willing ear, Lovingly shall nestle near.  In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die: Ever drifting down the stream --Lingering in the golden gleam --Life, what is it but a dream?

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2014, 08:30:35 PM »
Adam out?  RILEY IN! BOOM !

Earl

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2014, 09:23:26 PM »
You just have to convince riley

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2014, 09:13:47 PM »
hey I was going over the repair/resupply costs from the chaos campaign. 

I can not find a section for healing a pilot that suffered a hit?

Also I remember you said skill improvement was something along the lines of 1300 for gunnery?  Could you just clarify that for me, I found the way they do it in chaos campaign and it doesn't sound close.

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2014, 09:14:54 PM »
O also, should we post any changes to our forces here?  Or just pm them to your directly? I.E. Omnimech reconfiguration or sale and purchase of new mechs?