Author Topic: Infinity  (Read 33948 times)

Brainvictim

• Heroic Tier Level 2
  • If I haven't seen it, It's new to me!!!
Re: Infinity
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2014, 10:46:48 AM »
Tuesday the 21st sounds good to me as well.  I will be there by 7, sooner if there is no traffic lol
There are questions I'm still not wise enough to answer, just wise enough to no longer ask.--GEORGE JONES

Michaud

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2014, 06:21:32 PM »
I will see you there! Probably be there around 6:30-7 myself.

Alpharius?

• Heroic Tier Level 2
  • Outside my mind
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2014, 11:20:49 AM »
I will see you there! Probably be there around 6:30-7 myself.

Works for me!

Mad Dok Rob

• Paragon Tier Level 16
  • Da Orks are Da Best
    • http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2014, 01:48:54 PM »
Still waiting on my icestorm set and I cannot make it down this Tuesday, but if y'all make this a regular thing I am sure that I will be able to find some time at some point to come on down.
http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/

Warhammer 40k
6,914 pts Waaagh Dakkagut (Goff Orks)
4,913 pts Dark Angels 

Warmachine   
     183 pts Protectorate of Menoth

Alpharius?

• Heroic Tier Level 2
  • Outside my mind
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2014, 12:59:05 PM »
Still waiting on my icestorm set and I cannot make it down this Tuesday, but if y'all make this a regular thing I am sure that I will be able to find some time at some point to come on down.

Definitely looking to make this a regular occurrence. In the meantime, I continue to agonize over which faction to play... They all look awesome!

Alpharius?

• Heroic Tier Level 2
  • Outside my mind
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2014, 03:01:33 PM »
Last night was a good time! I really enjoyed the demo games we played, thanks to Michaud for helping me and Brain out. Any thoughts on availability for next time? For me, Saturdays (though not the next few) and Mondays tend to be pretty open.

Michaud

« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2014, 06:00:19 PM »
Glad to hear you had fun! I had a blast as well, thanks to both you and Brain for coming down.

I remember both of you did have some questions about the starters, and I don't think I described them very well.  They generally come with 3 of your basic line troops (you'll use these in most games you'll play), a straightforward heavy infantry, and 2 more specialized infantry (Camo, Infiltrating, Drop Troops).

All of the models in the starter sets are useful.  There aren't any truly unplayable units in the game, nor are there any "must take" units.  Instead each just presents a different tool for your list, depending on what you want to take.

For me, I can do some Saturdays (not all, and definitely not the next few), maybe a Monday here or there.  Tuesdays are pretty good too.

As far as next time, I could do this upcoming Monday or Tuesday (10/27, 10/28).

Michaud

« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2014, 06:01:21 PM »

Mad Dok, we'd love to have you join in the fun, what days are good for you?

Brainvictim

• Heroic Tier Level 2
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2014, 09:53:51 AM »
It was a good time Tuesday.   I finally got my Email confirmation of shipping about Operation Icestorm, should have it by Monday, at least that is what UPS is saying.  Hopefully it's true.  I am open for whenever, if I have any conflict I will post up, but as of right now any day would work Starting next week.
There are questions I'm still not wise enough to answer, just wise enough to no longer ask.--GEORGE JONES

Alpharius?

• Heroic Tier Level 2
  • Outside my mind
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2014, 02:31:34 AM »
Monday (10/27) would work for me... How about it Brain?

Brainvictim

• Heroic Tier Level 2
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2014, 09:58:05 AM »
This Monday sounds good.

Alpharius?

• Heroic Tier Level 2
  • Outside my mind
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2014, 11:39:19 AM »
This Monday sounds good.

Sweet! So shall we aim for the same time, gentlemen?

Brainvictim

• Heroic Tier Level 2
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2014, 12:09:24 PM »
Yeeesss, 7pm is perfect for me

GossWeapon

• Epic Tier Level 22
  • Legendary Creature - Troll
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2014, 12:41:50 PM »
Hello,

What is the general meeting day and time for games?  I have Aleph and Combined Army stuff for ~300 points each.  Would love to learn how to play and get some games in soon!  Possibly build a community in Plainville (or cross-stores).

Thanks,
Dave
Tiger's Den founding member

Brainvictim

• Heroic Tier Level 2
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2014, 02:51:37 PM »
As of right now we are still trying to work out a regular schedule, we are meeting up this Monday 10/27 at 7pm in Plainville.  Alpharius? and I are straight up new to the game, I should be getting the Starter set Monday just in time to take it and bust it out. 

Michaud was gracious enough to let us try out the first two Missions in the Operation Icestorm set last Tuesday, and it was an awesome time.  Hopefully you can make it, and if not just keep checking this thread as we will be trying to make it a regular thing and hopefully nail down a week day.

EDIT:   I just realized that if I get the box in on Monday, I still won't be able to play it since the figures are not assembled   lol   oh well, I will take it in anyways.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 02:55:46 PM by Brainvictim »