Author Topic: Rumored 3/22 pre-order kits with week1 release for the Guard  (Read 5769 times)

jhobin

• Paragon Tier Level 14
Rumored 3/22 pre-order kits with week1 release for the Guard
« on: March 07, 2014, 10:18:40 AM »
Saw this on Naftka:

Week 1: three kits:
- Ogryns/Bullgryns plastic combo-kit (one unit with ranged weapons, the other with giant shields and close combat weapons)
- Stormtroopers/Veterans combo-kit
- Unseen "Big transport" kit.

I'm wondering what the Big transport kits going to be the Gorgon. Current fluff would lead one to believe its the gorgon but the size is suppose to Land Raider sized which the Gorgon is close to Baneblade. The Bullgryns are suppose to a type of riot squad ogryns with shields and clubs. I'm getting excited for this codex. I might have to make the transition from mech to foot.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 10:32:09 AM by jhobin »
"I'm going to sacrifice my pyramid turtles"
-Anonymous card player who makes me wonder if I sound like this talking about 40k!

Moss:"What operating system is it running?"
Bomb Technician:"Vista!"
Moss:"Where all going to die!"

Thefallen

• Heroic Tier Level 4
Re: Rumored 3/22 pre-order kits with week1 release for the Guard
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 10:47:48 AM »
Im looking forward to the guard release. I just hope it will be competitive not just 1 or 2 good units and the rest crap. Like my chaos and dark angels codexes.

bradpowers

• Paragon Tier Level 11
  • We are an ocean of rage. We are the Lamenters.
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 12:16:02 PM »
Ooooooooh, Bullgryns sound awesome.  I will probably buy some for painting funtimes (aka, Brad fingerpaints minis!).  A time honored Brad club activity :)
Too busy being AWESOME to listen to your whining.

Name: Brad Powers
Club Affiliation: BRAD CLUB
Where I play: Yes

chrisocasio

• Email
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 04:29:03 PM »
I'm also anticipating this release highly, it's coming jus in time for tax refunds! IG is my first and largest army, hope they are done well rules wise. Also looking forward to picking up the vets kit assuming that there is one as well as hopefully a hydra kit if they release one.

jhobin

• Paragon Tier Level 14
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 09:43:06 AM »
Saw this in the AM

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2014/03/imperial-guard-leaks-are-here-militarum.html?m=1

I don't mind the vehicle the tracks look a little off. I can't see the pics of the new storm troopers well enough on my iPhone.
-Anonymous card player who makes me wonder if I sound like this talking about 40k!

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 10:03:15 AM »
More pics here.

http://millests.blogspot.com/2014/03/possible-imperial-guard-sneak-peeks.html?m=1

New transport is interesting,  there's supposedly a new tank as well. Overall I look forward to chase taking my money but I still hate this 3 week spread out release crap. What's the point of releasing models BEFORE the codex lol

Cryptognomicon

• Heroic Tier Level 2
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2014, 10:19:25 AM »
I like the new look to the command squad.

chrisocasio

• Email
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2014, 12:22:01 PM »
On Faeit he has a picture of a book cover for a "Militarum Tempestus", while the other link shows the Astra Militarum book cover. As such, and as noted in the comments for Faeit's post, it seems like we are looking at a codex + supplement release in the next month or so for IG.

The new vehicle looks meh to me, I think it would have looked better on wheels tbh or as a half-track (the best option imo).

The command squad looks ripe for kit bashing opportunities though, I'm looking forward to picking up a couple of them!

Gotta agree about the extended release timetable. I'll still be buying IG stuff (not ready to call them 'AM' yet) but I'm definitely going to wait until I get the rules in my hand before spending anything!

Mad Dok Rob

• Paragon Tier Level 16
  • Da Orks are Da Best
    • http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2014, 12:24:28 PM »
my money but I still hate this 3 week spread out release crap. What's the point of releasing models BEFORE the codex lol

To try and avoid what happened with the Dark Angels flyers.  Best looking flyer kit GW put out (barely edging out the beloved ork dakka jet...at least according to me).  Was planning on buying 2-3 for my Ravenwing army....but the rules came out and the thing was pretty much garbage in the game.  So I bought 0 (actually bought some Warmachine instead).

Since they do not care about rules (but still they still think you should pay an ultra premium for rules they do not care about), they hope people will buy based on "ooooh pretty" and then if/when the rules suck, they still have their sale and do not have tons of DA flyers still on a shelf.
http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/

Warhammer 40k
6,914 pts Waaagh Dakkagut (Goff Orks)
4,913 pts Dark Angels 

Warmachine   
     183 pts Protectorate of Menoth

Mad Dok Rob

• Paragon Tier Level 16
  • Da Orks are Da Best
    • http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2014, 12:26:14 PM »
The new vehicle looks meh to me, I think it would have looked better on wheels tbh or as a half-track (the best option imo).

I kind of like it...but only if I need a 5th BattleWagon once the new Ork codex comes out.
http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/

Warhammer 40k
6,914 pts Waaagh Dakkagut (Goff Orks)
4,913 pts Dark Angels 

Warmachine   
     183 pts Protectorate of Menoth

Pat.H

• Paragon Tier Level 12
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2014, 12:40:39 PM »
my money but I still hate this 3 week spread out release crap. What's the point of releasing models BEFORE the codex lol

To try and avoid what happened with the Dark Angels flyers.  Best looking flyer kit GW put out (barely edging out the beloved ork dakka jet...at least according to me).  Was planning on buying 2-3 for my Ravenwing army....but the rules came out and the thing was pretty much garbage in the game.  So I bought 0 (actually bought some Warmachine instead).

Since they do not care about rules (but still they still think you should pay an ultra premium for rules they do not care about), they hope people will buy based on "ooooh pretty" and then if/when the rules suck, they still have their sale and do not have tons of DA flyers still on a shelf.

When they did the dwarf release they had the rules for the new models in that weekly white dwarf thing.  I guess check the weekly white dwarf then.
Should the miserable Grot crews survive for long they will soon become deafened and have to resort to a rudimentary system of sign language. This is rarely successful as there are only so many signs a Grot can carry around with him.

MM3791

• God
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2014, 01:48:50 PM »
Looks like 40k Radio is right again, I'm going start preparing for 7th ed in May.

Thefallen

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2014, 02:21:02 PM »
I hate that trukk thing. Gross.  But I like the stormies and will be ordering 2 boxes of them to start.

chrisocasio

• Email
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2014, 03:14:13 PM »
Pictures of new ogyrns as well as hydra on faeit. The hydra is getting bought, ogryns i will wait and see the rules first.

jhobin

• Paragon Tier Level 14
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2014, 03:47:49 PM »
I like the bull ogryuns over the standard ones. I was thinking the bull's were going to have hth and shield looks like they have some kind of shooty weapon. Interestingly it looks like they're getting an armor upgrade for the unit. Hopefully they're cheaper or rules are better to warrant taking them.

The Hydra looks good as well. I don't have one yet, I'm glad I waited. I'm interested in its point cost and rules. Unless I'm mistaken they can only skyfire now, correct?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 03:49:44 PM by jhobin »