Author Topic: Star Trek Attack Wing - House Campaign/league (plainville)  (Read 3236 times)

phasertech

• Email
Star Trek Attack Wing - House Campaign/league (plainville)
« on: March 07, 2014, 03:35:17 PM »
Hey all!

So now that I am hooked on the Flightpath system and want to play it ALL THE TIME, I wanted to run a Star Trek: Attack Wing event weekly or biweekly at Plainville. The events would hopefully contain some sort of narrative, possibly a galaxy map affected by everyone's games each day.

I'm completely open to any suggestions and would love to get a group together to play. Fridays are the best time for me to get things together and organized, but depending on when others are available I have a couple other days I can move to.

Note that this is an unofficial event, there is no wizkids prize support, and if we want to run in a prize format it would likely be something similar to X-wing.

HauntingFerret

• Email
Re: Star Trek Attack Wing - House Campaign/league (plainville)
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 06:45:29 PM »
I just got the starter box and a few other ships.  I'd love to get something going!  I'm near the plainville store.  I have a friend who will probably want to try as well.  What days/times do you usually go to the store? 

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 08:20:46 PM »
There's a chance that we'll be putting together an Attack Wing night in Plainville.  It will not be official or involve WizKids though.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

phasertech

• Email
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 12:15:02 PM »
I'm usually in Plainville fridays and sundays, Saturday nights are an option for me as well. if anyone wants to learn how to play I have a nice selection of ships for every faction except romulans now (will be fixing that soon - Plan to pick up the Praetus and Gal'Ga'Thong)

phasertech

• Email
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 05:06:04 PM »
Chase, I'd be willing to organize an Attack Wing night/events. I've already heavily versed myself in the game and really want to grow a community for it here. What were your thoughts for an attack wing night?

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Re: Star Trek Attack Wing - House Campaign/leaguemaybe(plainville)
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2014, 04:48:59 AM »
I'll have to take a look at when the one other shop in the area that has a community runs their events.

Monday nights, Tuesday nights, Sunday afternoons... All are possibilities.

phasertech

• Email
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2014, 01:52:42 PM »
I went to an OP event for Attack wing at The Whiz up in Westborough yesterday, and I took the opportunity to try and gather some support for a weekly/biweekly thing at BG. The general consensus I heard was that friday nights or saturday nights are good options for people, and since saturday nights are generally taken up by events, we figured friday nights are likely the best option.

phasertech

• Email
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2014, 08:45:19 PM »
I now have a theme for a storyline-based event. Anyone who remembers the Voyager episode "Year of Hell" will remember the Krenim Timeship. I'm working on a 3-month/3-event or longer storyline, similar to the Wizkids events coming later this year and the 6-month Dominion War event that just finished.

Events would likely come with special, custom terrain tokens as participation prizes, competetive prizes, etc, a participation prize for the final event could likely, for instance, be a large token (not as big as the DS9 one from WK, but large) of the Krenim warhsip itself, for use in casual play.

I will post more details as I continue work; will post an event thread once I nail down more of the details.

AFR Steve

• After Further Review with Steve Tower
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2014, 02:57:34 PM »
Enjoyed getting to play last night. Hopefully we can get some more players involved with the next event. Khan will rise up and fly again!

Steve
Creator and Host
After Further Review with Steve Tower

AFR Steve

• After Further Review with Steve Tower
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2014, 09:03:37 PM »
So seeing as the organizer of this event hasn't even been on the boards in over a month and no showed the first planned event, is this now dead or is there a future event coming up?

Was excited to get a weekly or bi-weekly STAW event going, especially with how successful the X-Wing events are.

Creator and Host
After Further Review with Steve Tower

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2014, 11:43:44 PM »
I've got to get the rules packet from him and then I'll create and advertise the event.

Here's hoping it's coming soon.