Author Topic: Campaign ideas.  (Read 1621 times)

spoonsaur

• Heroic Tier Level 5
  • He who buys too much
Campaign ideas.
« on: March 27, 2014, 09:21:05 PM »
I've pbeen kicking this idea around in my head for a little bit and I thought i'd run it buy you guys. So i'm thinking of playing a campaign based around the xenos invasion of an imperium world. The focus of this game would be progression.

Scenario 1 1000pts
I'm thinking the first scenario would be Infestation/invasion. Set the table up very sparse maybe some hills and a few blocking. The imperium player would have to hold a comm relay at the end of the game otherwise they don't get to warn the rest of the planet.

Deploy dawn of war
Night fighting

If Xenos controls comms/ destroys building they are guarenteed initiative in Scenario 2 and may scout one non scout infantry unit.
If Imperium holds the comm they start scenario 2 with initiative.

Scenario 2 1500 pts

Hammer and anvil
Depending on the outcome of scenario 1 either the imperium are caught off guard on the edges of the city or they have had forewarning of the oncoming xenos horde. Set up the table with a fair amount of terrain but the imperium's deploy zone will have a few buildings (2-3).

If the imperium won scenario 1 on turn 3 they may roll to get 200 points of reinforcements. On a roll of 5+ place these as if coming from ongoing reserves.

If Xenos won scenario 1 1 on turn 3 they may roll to get 200 points of reinforcements. On a roll of 5+ place these as follows. Roll a die 1-3 place as if from your reserves. 4 place from left side. 5 place from right side. 6 you may choose what side including your opponent's.

This scenario is the first true battle in the war and the imperium must hold the line.

Xenos scores 4 points for linebreaker

All imperium buildings are worth 2 points as long as they stand.

Imperium scores 3 points for slay the warlord.

The winner of scenario may roll on this chart to enhance their army.

1. One unit gets +1" movement
2. Undying. one unit gets feel no pain 6+
3. Improve the armor save of one unit by one (max 2+)
4. Improve the Bs or ws of one unit by one.
5. Demo charge / Biobomb one unit will start scenario 3 with a one time use S10 ap2 pie plate range 6" scatter 1d6.
6. Warlord gains eternal warrior, if he has it he gets +1 wound

Scenario 3 Take/Defend the city

Hammer and Anvil

Set up the table as one half city (imperium) one half area terrain (hills, rocks trees). Each imperium building is worth 1 vp as long as it is still standing/ has any unit in it regardles of whether or not that unit is scoring.

The xenos are wanting to tear through the city destroying everything in their path.

Xenos get 1 vp for each building destroyed.

Name: Bryan "spoon" Dupuis
Club: Plainville

Tyranids 4000 points
Dark Eldar 5000 points
Sons of Solomon (ultramarines) 4000

MM3791

• God
Re: Campaign ideas.
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 09:34:54 AM »
This is a good idea for a linear campaign, which I was also giving thought to. Good idea for a quickish campaign that doesn't require too much overhead.

steelforge

• Heroic Tier Level 2
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 11:20:58 AM »
That's pretty cool.
I'd play that.

Pat.H

• Paragon Tier Level 12
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 12:03:15 PM »
I like the emphasis on punching buildings. Seriously folks use the building rules in your games. Punching buildings with power fists is gun.
Should the miserable Grot crews survive for long they will soon become deafened and have to resort to a rudimentary system of sign language. This is rarely successful as there are only so many signs a Grot can carry around with him.

spoonsaur

• Heroic Tier Level 5
  • He who buys too much
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 12:14:42 PM »
I like the emphasis on punching buildings. Seriously folks use the building rules in your games. Punching buildings with power fists is gun.

yes pat this idea was spawned from our games lol. all buildings must be punched.
Name: Bryan "spoon" Dupuis
Club: Plainville

Tyranids 4000 points
Dark Eldar 5000 points
Sons of Solomon (ultramarines) 4000