Author Topic: New Mordheim League.....  (Read 14144 times)

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
New Mordheim League.....
« on: July 24, 2009, 11:57:06 PM »
Ok.

So for anyone that is interested I am hoping to get a Mordheim league off and running relatively soon.  The planned start date as of now is Aug 5th, it may be delayed if there is enough interest and players need a little time to get ready.

Rules:

As of now we are going to be using the current incarnation of the mordheim rulebook which can be downloaded off of the GW website.  I have all current materials printed out and will leave the book at the store once the league offically starts. 

The current list of legal warbands is as follows: 
All warbands listed in the Core rulebook
Orc& Goblin warband
Dwarf Treasure Hunters
Osterlander
Averlander
Kislevite
Beastmen
Carnival of Chaos

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
Re: New Mordheim League.....
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 12:06:29 AM »
The Hired Swords the will be permitted are:
All the ones listed in the Core rulebook
Imperial Assassin
Tilean Marksman
Beasthunter
Highwayman
Roadwarden

The Dramtis Personae Allowed are:
All the ones in the Core rulebook
Nicodemus
Ulli & Marquand
Marianna Chevaux

The league is planned to run for four weeks, of course if everyone would like to keep going I see no reason as to why we should stop.  There will be no entry fee and therefor no prize, maybe a future incarnation will include prize support but for now we are just trying to generate interest in the game.

Also depending on interest we will be running group games or events, I think we will alternate between wed and saturday for those.  This is incase there are players will limited availability. 

Games can be played any day of the week and players are encouraged to use the message boards to setup games if they ae having trouble getting to the store on a wed.  The only limitation on games is that players may not face the same opponent more than twice in a week.  The week begins and ends on Wed.

You may play as many games as you like in a week, and players can freely decline games if they wish.   Any questions you can find me at the store or you can ask them here.

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 02:39:59 PM »
Oh and so that its stated warband creation is done as normal.  Starting with 500 gold pieces and warbands must include 3 or more models.

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 04:21:57 PM »
I also have yet to decide the best way to deal with the hired swords.  Basically is there only going to be one of each allowed or should they be available to the bands that can normally hire them.  The rules say a warband can only hire one of a specific type but nothing as to whether in a campaign setting there would only be one available.  We have always run it that there is only one (insert hired sword here) and once hired would not be available till it was released or killed.

I personally like the way we did it, makes getting the guy more dramatic.

Let me know what you guys think.

Warpedfuzz

• Paragon Tier Level 16
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 09:15:38 AM »
I  kinda read it as named players there can only be 1 of each, say Ulli & Marquand etc...
But the others like Highway men I'd say should be able to be hire on by the warband that it's allowed with. Who gets to decide who gets to hire who? Kind of confused about that? If more than one warband are of the same type would they have to compete for the hired sword? Or would one become available to each of them? Say like highway men.
~ Lead, follow, or get the HELL out of my way! ~

JaredB

• Heroic Tier Level 10
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 09:40:52 AM »
The way we did it before is if more than 1 person wants the same one they started an auction. Starting bid is the hire cost.

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 01:32:49 PM »
Yea, we always ran leagues that hired swords were rarely.  So, there was only one pit fighter or ogre bodyguard.  If two warbands wanted to hire him they bid off.  Both bands wrote down what they would pay (lowest amount being his hiring cost) and then the winner got him.  If you wanted to hire one that was already taken you couldn't.

The Dramtis Personae are rare, there is only one of each them.  But we could always change the way we do hired swords to allow there to be more than just the one pit fighter.  I just personally found the bidding wars more fun and dramatic to the game play.

Also, if a hired sword is killed a new one is out there to replace him, if a dramtis personae dies they are dead dead and never coming back.  That is the rules per the game.

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 01:36:40 PM »
I was thinking of offically kickin this off on Aug 5th if we have enough people to start.  So any of you planning on joining let me know so I can see how many we have.  I would like to start when we know we are going to have 8 players involved.

I know as of now we have:

1)Jared = Beastmen
2) Rich = Kislevite
3) Me = Dunno yet
4) Doug = dwarfs
5) Riley = Rats (thats right you get rats, any don't you complain or I'll call them mice!)
6) Dave = skaven
I know a few more of you have said you were intested but didn't want to commit to anything yet.  Also anyone can join up later if they want, so there is no need to commit to anything now.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 01:36:18 PM by jesterofthedark »

ghost03

• Heroic Tier Level 5
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2009, 03:41:03 PM »
im in with skaven

Lykosan

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2009, 03:46:21 PM »
My assasin will kick your assasin's butt..... who am I kidding both of them will die to some random crap. My Verminkin will kick your butt :P

I'm in with Skaven as well.

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2009, 04:22:09 PM »
good you moes can ring of Fire over who gets to use veskit. 

veskit, when you want to play with rats but have the high tech terminator feel, hire veskit!

Warpedfuzz

• Paragon Tier Level 16
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2009, 11:29:37 AM »
Probably me w/ beer swealling Dwarf Treasure Hunters.

Not these guys though, haha. Well maybe Devil's Dealer

Not sure yet about the Mrs. playing or not yet. If she does we'll have to get her some models.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 11:34:15 AM by Warpedfuzz »
~ Lead, follow, or get the HELL out of my way! ~

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2009, 01:20:13 PM »
 :D that is awesome

On a model related note, I think if she picked up a box of empire flagellants she should be ok.  There looks to be enough there to make some good witch hunters, and obviously the flagellants.  But all the captin models and such usually wield torches.  You know to burn the evil, so I think if we put our heads together we could make those models work if she wants.

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2009, 01:31:42 PM »
I think offically we are going to go with the old house rule of there being only one of each hired sword in Mordehim.  Anyone wishing to hire one let me know so we can set-up any of the bidding war situations on the first night.

Basically bidding is done as follows. (I know we have covered it prior but I'll just restate to be clear)  Anyone wishing to hire on a hired sword, obviously has to be able to hire them first, will declare such at the start of the week.  You can hire one later  if you can't make it on wed but you will be out of luck if someone beats you too the punch.  Should two players want the same hired sword they will bid off with their available funds.  Lowest bid being the listed hire fee in the book.  You bid by writing you bid down on a piece of paper and revealing it at the same time as the other players involved.  If you tie, just repeat until someone gives up or someone bids higher.  You can not bid more gold than you have available.  I know that seems like common sense but since its been said no one can claim they didn't know.  ;)

You may hire the hired swords in the first week there is no limitation there, just remember you have to pay the upkeep cost at the end of the fight or lose them.  If a hired sword dies another will replace him, i.e. Bill the pit fighter is replaced by his eager younger brother Biff who heard of his death and has come to make his brother proud.

Any questions about what we are planning to do yet??

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2009, 05:36:49 PM »
Ok, last night there was alot of activity reguarding Mordheim.  So I feel confident that we can go ahead with plans to start this up coming wed.

Anyone that needs help with warband creation I will be around for the next feel days.  I am willing to help you get started, the only thing you will need are suitable models.  We are not sticking to a what you see is what you get format, purely because warbands can change so much in a few games its unreasonable to make players do that.  It is appreciated and cool to do that though, losing an eye and giving a charater and eye patch or wounds just looks sick.