Author Topic: New Mordheim League.....  (Read 14169 times)

Grand Master Steve

Re: New Mordheim League.....
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2009, 11:28:36 PM »
I have been thinking of playing Norse. I recall there being a town cryer with the Norse in it. Also I see a slight problem with the hired swords. There are some search results if I recall correctly that say X warband finds X wandering hired sword and it joins for at least one game.

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2009, 12:04:41 AM »
there is a result you can get from exploration that states:

You come across a hired sword and they offer to join your warband free of charge for the next fight.  If you wish to keep them on after you must pay their upkeep as normal after the battle.

The logic behind this would be that you can not come across a hired sword that is already hired since he is with another warband.  And if you came across that particular guy he would have a prior job and you would probably not be talking so much as fighting it out like a normal game.  So it see no conflict there.

Sadly the Norse warband is not currently accepted, I'm just going with the legal bands as far as GW has stated.  This is just purely because I think some of the town cryer ones and ones from other sources may end up being either too under or over powered to be allowed.  But there are the kislivites: Norse men that hate chaos and get a bear.  Averlanders : they are a clan with drunken brawlers.  And Osterlanders: they are wealthy southerns.  I may have mixed up the averlanders and the osterlanders but you get the jist.

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2009, 01:39:12 AM »
the averlanders seem cool they get halflings. Ill play them I just dont want to get side tracked from my current model projects. Lots of gaurd to paint as well as marines.

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2009, 12:57:34 PM »
I hear ya on that one, seems like everytime I get focused on one thing two more pop up to distract me.

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2009, 06:11:31 PM »
Yep, Im liking the look of the rich guys that kick around halflings. If i do it i dont think ill be in time because it has to be a bitz order from GW for some hero models and the halflings not to mention a box of men at arms.

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2009, 05:05:30 AM »
well, it all really depends on your starting warband.  You only get 500 to start and you have to equip them all.  so you may be able to run something with your current collection of empire mini's.

But you could always join later if you wanted to get the bitz order in first.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 05:10:57 AM by jesterofthedark »

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2009, 09:59:36 PM »
I got some spare empire (Men at arms?) I think they are called and I ordered some pewter minis for heros and three halflings to kick around. Im going to use my empire state troop bits to make guys with riffles and such.

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2009, 01:02:24 AM »
cool beans,

we should plan to have all players there by 5 p.m. to kick this off right.

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2009, 10:51:58 PM »
im getting my guys together I forget through whats the maximum limit a warband size can be?

Warpedfuzz

• Paragon Tier Level 16
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2009, 11:08:08 PM »
Checking in:

Dwarves are being painted and made for battle. A hand wound was my worse injury last battle.

Witch Hunters are ordered on will arrive soon. A trip to the pound is in order and the smithy for new weapons. Tactics are being reviewed and rules are being read.

Oh and I know of one Possed band w/o a leader if anyone wants to apply to the position. haha! Only kidding Dave. I'll get you next time.   (just having some fun) ::)

How'd other games end up? Billy and Cookie?

~ Lead, follow, or get the HELL out of my way! ~

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2009, 03:10:36 AM »
Billy and Cookie's game ending with cookie occupying 4 buildings to billy's 3 buildings.  No casualties worth mentioning from that game. 

I am have noticed at this point that quite a few warbands have benifited from the lad's got talent rolls. 

In my game Tim's undead stomped my possessed into a bloody pulp, the magister chose a tactical retreat.  No one died but one mutant will be missing the next game.

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2009, 09:36:32 PM »
Is a mercenary warband size maximum of 14?

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2009, 11:17:25 PM »
depends on which warband you are talking about.  The merc bands from the rule book at all 15, but if its kis, aver, or osterlanders I'd have to check their entries.

Side note,  Just so everyone reading this boards knows the current hired swords and Dramatis personae hired are:

Kevin- Warlock
Jared- Uli and Marquand
Riley- Veskit
Tim- Ogre Bodyguard
Rich- Elven Archer

in case between now and wed if anyone gets the exploration role of "Returning a Favor" or if anyone looks for dramatis personae.

JaredB

• Heroic Tier Level 10
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2009, 02:24:17 PM »
Uli and Marquand have left since they only stay for 1 battle.

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2009, 03:37:05 PM »
did either of them getting taken out of action??

because riley and I where going over the stuff last night and discovered that the dramatis roll on the serious injury chart not the henchmen injury chart.