Author Topic: Kill team, thought?  (Read 2693 times)

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
Kill team, thought?
« on: April 13, 2014, 10:27:05 AM »
So lat night I played a couple of games using kill team rules in Abington,  Orks vs IG, it was a blast! The dynamic of this small sided format provides so many options and I'm looking forward to playing more of these games.

Has anyone else tried using this format? What do you think?

But the universe is a big place and, whatever happens, you will not be missed...

"When Ghandi advocated his philosophy of none violence, I bet he didn't know how much fun it was killing stuff!" (Raj, The big bang theory)

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
Re: Kill team, thought?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 10:37:55 AM »
When Plainville opened, there was Kill Team every Sunday. It dwindled in attendance and I think finally jumped the shark with something like a 191-point upgraded techmarine.

GossWeapon

• Epic Tier Level 22
  • Legendary Creature - Troll
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 10:50:46 AM »
Hi,

I would be up for some kill team games, I believe it was 200 points of elite/troops/fast correct?  I could be around Saturdays in Abington if you wanted to try some games out.  Maybe this will revive Abington 40k a bit.

Thanks,
Dave
Tiger's Den founding member

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 03:39:49 PM »
When Plainville opened, there was Kill Team every Sunday. It dwindled in attendance and I think finally jumped the shark with something like a 191-point upgraded techmarine.

Probably a goood thing that 2+ saves are not allowed, troops, elite and fast attack

A ton of boys did better than a few nobz that's for sure.

We'll see how it goes....
But the universe is a big place and, whatever happens, you will not be missed...

"When Ghandi advocated his philosophy of none violence, I bet he didn't know how much fun it was killing stuff!" (Raj, The big bang theory)

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 03:40:56 PM »
Hi,

I would be up for some kill team games, I believe it was 200 points of elite/troops/fast correct?  I could be around Saturdays in Abington if you wanted to try some games out.  Maybe this will revive Abington 40k a bit.

Thanks,
Dave

That'll probably work Dave, Saturday evenings 40k then beer ;)

GossWeapon

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 01:04:58 PM »
Now that I am 22, I am down for this 100%

AstartesXXVI

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 01:43:19 PM »
It works great in a doubles format, too.
"Really, the entire game is 'Opponent's Permission' if you think about it..."

GossWeapon

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2014, 08:40:56 AM »
No 2+ saves?  Is that a new ammendment?  I seem to remember terminators being allowed last time I did kill teams...

GossWeapon

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2014, 03:34:09 PM »
Found this bad larry right here, seems to be well tested and balanced.  Care to try this out maybe within the next few weekends?

http://heralds-of-ruin.blogspot.com/p/kill-team-rules.html

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2014, 08:10:38 PM »
How about we play the official one before we start on fan based. At least to try them out.

Cheers,
Alan

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2014, 11:40:09 PM »
I'll be posting up the Abington 40k event for May very soon.  It's basically the opposite of Kill Team, but I'd like to get that event in soon.  Probably June or July.

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Grandmaster Steve

• God
  • No whining, just fun games this is how I play
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2014, 05:51:02 PM »
Im interested, Ive been spending time with the new Militarum rules and working on Space Wolf Models.