Author Topic: S$#% just got real  (Read 1314 times)

Typhus

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
S$#% just got real
« on: April 15, 2014, 04:20:22 PM »
For those of you attending NOVA (and perhaps Chase, for future reference for BG tourneys), the following was announced today;

All armies may be crafted from up to 2 sources, with a source being:
 - Official Codices and Codex Supplements (including Codex: Imperial Knights)
 - Unit Formation Datasheets (i.e., the Tyranid Skyblight Formation)

Characters  Made Available to Certain Codices via Datasheets (presently Cypher and Belakor) do not count as a source (And thus can be taken as an add-on to a selected Codex without taking up one of the two source limit)

This rules decision was made after much discussion, play testing, peer review, community observation, conversation among close TOs, and for the purpose of an easy and readily preparation-friendly GT/Invitational experience, while also safely allowing the many new units and codices GW is adding to the game (i.e., Imperial Knights).

The updated mainstream formation rules from Stronghold Assault will be used, but not the new fortifications presented in Stronghold Assault.

We will not use Escalation.

Forgeworld models are legal in all events, provided they follow the modeling guidelines presented within the NOVA FAQ and rules primers.

Forge World rules will be allowed in the Team Tournament and Narrative Warlords and Nightfighters events, but not the Invitational/GT.

0000 - Rest Period - BUT YOU BETTER NOT SPEND FOUR WHOLE HOURS SLEEPING. IF YOU DO YOU ARE NOT ANGRY ENOUGH AND TOMORROW YOU GET THE FIRST CHANCE TO PLAY PIN THE TAU ON THE CARNIFEX.

MM3791

• God
Re: S$#% just got real
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 04:39:32 AM »
Evolution is always the next step, these additions were inevitable.

jhobin

• Paragon Tier Level 14
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 09:49:40 AM »
I like it.
"I'm going to sacrifice my pyramid turtles"
-Anonymous card player who makes me wonder if I sound like this talking about 40k!

Moss:"What operating system is it running?"
Bomb Technician:"Vista!"
Moss:"Where all going to die!"

AstartesXXVI

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 09:50:50 PM »
I like the two sources thing. I think this would be a good addition for BG's events as they would encourage a degree of variety (it's a waste of a source to take just an Inquisitor for servo skulls, for example).
"Really, the entire game is 'Opponent's Permission' if you think about it..."