Author Topic: Adepticon 2014  (Read 858 times)

Grimwulfe

• God
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Email
Adepticon 2014
« on: April 21, 2014, 11:55:13 AM »
Just wanted to share with everyone some good news from Adepticon.  First I have to say if you are a GT player then this is a must go event by far was the best GT I have been to and I have been to 100's.  Such an amazing atmosphere, it was just insane!

SO I took my Dwarf army Clan Rocksmacker count as Space Wolf Army.  I played them pure as a solo SW army with no allies.  I played in the 40K Championships and the 40K Team Tourny.  For the team tourny I played with CSM of Sean Nayden, Alex Fennell, and Ragnar. 

In the Championships on the first day I was able to get 2nd overall and be placed in the top 16 out of 240 people as the 15th seed.  Was an amazing time had 4 awesome games and even managed to Win Best Imperial Showing with my dwarves!!

The second day of the Championships didnt go so well and I was eliminated in my first game.  Still was just awesome being there!

In the Team tourny our team performed spectacular my partners relying on alot of feedback from me due to my familiarity with the army and so on.  We had 10 brutal games and managed to get 6th overall and again Won Best Imperial Showing!!  So proud of our team we did an awesome job working together and really pulling some tight games through.

With all of this going on it gets even better.  Out of all the teams there were armies chosen for Best in Show and displayed in the middle of the Hotel for all to see.  Our Dwarf SW army was chosen to partake in this.  I was floored I cant believe the vision I had for the army and so on was able to pull top 8 showing out of 240 teams!!  Was just so amazing and made me feel super good. 

Definitely owe some props to all who helped with this so here goes!!

First - Dean Johnson bro you did an amazing job putting paint to my models and really bringing my vision to life!

My Adepticon team for pulling together and painting models to match Dean and really making my feel part of the team.  A great group of guys!

Mike Kachanis for kicking me in the ass and making me bring Hero Hammer to its fullest and always being my best supporter and truest Friend!

Bill Souza for a couple of years ago it was he who convinced me to play my wolves again in their current configuration.

And Lastly to my bros who came to Adepticon with me and when I was physically weak due to severe back pain lifted me up and helped me.  I cant not express how much that means to me you are the best and truest friends I have ever had.  Rick, Ryan, Derya (Ryan's Wife), Bill, Mark, Sam, Ragnar, Alex, Sean and Hans who helped in ways I cant explain thank you.  If Adepticon showed me 1 thing it was how awesome my friends truly are.

A shout out to Jared and his team for winning Best Team Spirit way to go guys!!

And in conclusion behold the Mountain in its truest and pure form!

« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 11:57:20 AM by Grimwulfe »
Dark Star Founding Member
NOVA 2011 Trios Team Champions
NOVA 2012 Trios Team Champions
WGC 2013 Doubles Best Sportman
NOVA 2013 Trios Team Champions
DaBoyz GT 2013 Best Theme 1st Place
Adepticon Champ 2014 Best Imperial Showing
Adepticon Team 2014 Best Imperial Showing