Author Topic: Tool set  (Read 1602 times)

tilarium

• Heroic Tier Level 4
    • Email
Tool set
« on: April 22, 2014, 07:44:10 AM »
Was just looking on the GW website and seen the new tools which don't look to bad.  Most of mine have been wearing out for a while now but I've been clinging to them and not wanting to get new ones.  Now with these new tools I figure it's time to replace my old ones.  I like that nice tool set that they have up but says that it's only available from stores.  Will you guys be getting any and can I reserve myself a set?

Kyle

jhobin

• Paragon Tier Level 14
Re: Tool set
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 10:36:40 AM »
The GW tools are way over priced for what they are offering. I would suggest looking at Gale force 9 you can get same tools for much cheaper and better quality. I've special ordered stuff from them before through Battlegrounds as well.

There sprue clippers are much better. I've gone through 3 sprue clippers since I got in the hobby and both of my GW one's snapped in half. I've have my current GF9 one's for over 10 year's with much better success.
"I'm going to sacrifice my pyramid turtles"
-Anonymous card player who makes me wonder if I sound like this talking about 40k!

Moss:"What operating system is it running?"
Bomb Technician:"Vista!"
Moss:"Where all going to die!"

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27
  • "No, but have you hearda' Magic?"
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 01:10:43 AM »
The GW tools are way over priced for what they are offering. I would suggest looking at Gale force 9 you can get same tools for much cheaper and better quality. I've special ordered stuff from them before through Battlegrounds as well.

There sprue clippers are much better. I've gone through 3 sprue clippers since I got in the hobby and both of my GW one's snapped in half. I've have my current GF9 one's for over 10 year's with much better success.
how 2 judge wat u nvr used before cause day new

jhobin

• Paragon Tier Level 14
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 09:43:10 AM »
hunh?
"I'm going to sacrifice my pyramid turtles"
-Anonymous card player who makes me wonder if I sound like this talking about 40k!

Moss:"What operating system is it running?"
Bomb Technician:"Vista!"
Moss:"Where all going to die!"

Thefallen

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 12:51:10 PM »
Get those modeling tools from Home Depot or similar hardware store. You will get vastly superior tools for a fraction of the cost. GW sells crappy Chinese made tools for above brand name prices.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 11:23:13 PM »
Read this article, then take the money saved (over $75) and spent it at your local BG.

http://tomschadleminiatures.blogspot.com/2014/04/games-workshop-has-recently-advertised.html