Author Topic: Da Orks iz a Coming!!!!  (Read 13604 times)

Pat.H

• Paragon Tier Level 12
Da Orks iz a Coming!!!!
« on: May 27, 2014, 01:55:15 PM »
So it's confirmed. Orks coming out in June and it looks like one of the first new kits to be revealed is a big AV 13 walker called the Gorkanaut. Essentially a mini Stompa.

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2014/05/orks-confirmed-fear-gorkanaut.html?m=1

Rules him will be in White dwarf 18.
Should the miserable Grot crews survive for long they will soon become deafened and have to resort to a rudimentary system of sign language. This is rarely successful as there are only so many signs a Grot can carry around with him.

Mad Dok Rob

• Paragon Tier Level 16
  • Da Orks are Da Best
    • http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/
    • Email
Re: Da Orks iz a Coming!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 12:14:48 AM »
Not really all that impressed...

Think it is overpriced for what it gives the army.
http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/

Warhammer 40k
6,914 pts Waaagh Dakkagut (Goff Orks)
4,913 pts Dark Angels 

Warmachine   
     183 pts Protectorate of Menoth

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 08:25:33 AM »
So you want a Wraithknight/Riptide sized model, but you play Orks? "Problem" solved.

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 11:24:21 AM »
So you want a Wraithknight/Riptide sized model, but you play Orks? "Problem" solved.

That's what allies / unbound are for.

Mad Dok Rob

• Paragon Tier Level 16
  • Da Orks are Da Best
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 04:56:22 PM »

That's what allies / unbound are for.

eh, when you are throwing 100 boyz on the table, it is not the easiest thing to have to deploy another model 12 inches away and keep it away the whole game.  Not that I have a problem Ork-ying up a Riptide, et al.   

And I still do not like the idea of "oh, your army isn't very good, well just throw some allies in".  I play Orks to play Orks.  :P

I personally do not want a Wraithknight/Riptide (we already have MegaDreads) sized model unless it adds something new to the faction.  The new dex is not out yet, so I will reserve judgement, but as it stands right now, I am not really impressed. 

An Orked up Knight (which is basically what I originally hoped the Pregnant Deff Dread was going to be) which have added something sorely needed to Orks.  Ranged AT and still been really good in melee.

Warhammer 40k
4,913 pts Dark Angels 

Warmachine   

MM3791

• God
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 05:32:35 PM »
From what I've read, the Gork/Morkanaut is a duel kit. The thing also has some beastly stats for a walker, similar to the Soulgrinder. Orks can ally with themselves now so just field 4 of those big boys along side 100 Orks swarming the board lol

Pat.H

• Paragon Tier Level 12
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2014, 11:27:17 PM »
http://grotorderly.blogspot.com.es/2014/05/white-dwarf-18-wycieki-czesc-3-leaks.html

A color photo of the Gorkanaut with new plastic Mega Nob models? People are also saying kustom force field gives models within 6 inches a 5+ invuln save against shooting as opposed to all units within 6" having 5+ cover. While having an invuln is better since everything has ignores cover these days, the whole models as opposed to units thing means it's going to be tough to put it on a green tide. Unless Kustom Force Field is a standard vehicle upgrade or some other weird thing.

The Gorkanaut is definitely pretty beefy and now that vehicles are a bit more survivable it might be worth taking. It would be an easier sell if it was a super heavy and as others have pointed out it's $105 and for fifteen more bucks you can get a Stompa. Maybe Big Meks will have an ability to soup up vehicles like they can in the Dread Mob so who knows. Speaking of Big Meks did anyone happen to notice the picture on page 91 of the Dark Millenium book of the Big Mek with Mega Armour and a Kustom Force Field? You can't currently do that now so thats interesting.
Should the miserable Grot crews survive for long they will soon become deafened and have to resort to a rudimentary system of sign language. This is rarely successful as there are only so many signs a Grot can carry around with him.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2014, 12:31:25 AM »
That thing looks AWESOME!

I love Orks!
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Mad Dok Rob

• Paragon Tier Level 16
  • Da Orks are Da Best
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2014, 07:03:44 AM »
http://grotorderly.blogspot.com.es/2014/05/white-dwarf-18-wycieki-czesc-3-leaks.html

A color photo of the Gorkanaut with new plastic Mega Nob models? People are also saying kustom force field gives models within 6 inches a 5+ invuln save against shooting as opposed to all units within 6" having 5+ cover. While having an invuln is better since everything has ignores cover these days, the whole models as opposed to units thing means it's going to be tough to put it on a green tide. Unless Kustom Force Field is a standard vehicle upgrade or some other weird thing.

The Gorkanaut is definitely pretty beefy and now that vehicles are a bit more survivable it might be worth taking. It would be an easier sell if it was a super heavy and as others have pointed out it's $105 and for fifteen more bucks you can get a Stompa. Maybe Big Meks will have an ability to soup up vehicles like they can in the Dread Mob so who knows. Speaking of Big Meks did anyone happen to notice the picture on page 91 of the Dark Millenium book of the Big Mek with Mega Armour and a Kustom Force Field? You can't currently do that now so thats interesting.

I have seen some stuff that says the german translation is off and the KFF might still apply to units.  And given the way orks work that would make sense, but i guess we will know in a couple of weeks.

All the mega-armoured stuff sounds pretty cool, but price/looks are going to be important.  Kromlech makes some really really sweet MA Orks that blow the current GW stuff out of the water.  And given the prices we have been seeing lately from GW, they are going to be about the same price.

If the pregnant deff dread was a super-heavy, i would be much happier and would actually think it had a place in my armies.  It does not help that from the pictures I think it looks kind of rubbish.  Way to clean and not really Orky enough.  Given the rules and points for this guy though, i do not see Kans and Dreads getting any kind of buff in the new dex (which is unfortunate),

Warhammer 40k
4,913 pts Dark Angels 

Warmachine   

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2014, 08:08:29 AM »
It has a transport capacity. That's pretty neat. I was wondering where one would hide the KFF around the Nauts.

Pat.H

• Paragon Tier Level 12
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2014, 01:17:38 PM »
It has a transport capacity. That's pretty neat. I was wondering where one would hide the KFF around the Nauts.

You can also take a squad of five burna boyz and upgrade three of them to be Mek boyz. Stick em inside with Max oiler grots and a big Mek and you have four rerollable repair rolls a turn.

MM3791

• God
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2014, 12:14:08 PM »
Looks like I was right(again), it's a duel kit. The Gorkanaut is piloted by a Nob and the Morkanaut is piloted by a Mek.. I assume there will be different strengths for each.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 12:17:22 PM by MM3791 »

coolrick5

• 6200 proxy points of Salamanders
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2014, 01:40:40 PM »
They're also already out to buy on GW...
Due to some screwup in their gene-seed genetic radiation protection, all Salamanders are black...We're talking coal black, pitch black, hexadecimal code #000000, the missing word in the phrase "...as the void of space." That kind of black. With glowing red eyes.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2014, 04:14:16 PM »
You can buy em through BG too, and we'll have em for you several days before GW will.  Just throwing that out there.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

MM3791

• God
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2014, 04:17:10 PM »
You can buy em through BG too, and we'll have em for you several days before GW will.  Just throwing that out there.

Yea that "early release" for 7th ed was really cool, good to know GW has laxed its policy & BG can release products even faster.