Author Topic: Da Orks iz a Coming!!!!  (Read 13517 times)

Mad Dok Rob

• Paragon Tier Level 16
  • Da Orks are Da Best
    • http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/
    • Email
Re: Da Orks iz a Coming!!!!
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2014, 11:22:57 PM »
Knew about the savings, still amazed at the cost for rules.

And remember, they are just a models company....
http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/

Warhammer 40k
6,914 pts Waaagh Dakkagut (Goff Orks)
4,913 pts Dark Angels 

Warmachine   
     183 pts Protectorate of Menoth

Pat.H

• Paragon Tier Level 12
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2014, 11:54:29 PM »
I picked up the new White Dwarf and there's lots of interesting stuff in it. It gave some backstory on the new/old Mek Guns. The Smasha gun is actually the old school lifta droppa gun only without all the fun throwing tanks into other tanks rules. There's another picture of the new mekboy with the buzzsaw tool and mega blasta that was pictured in that painting guide. He's standing next to the mek gun battery so maybe you'll be able to take them outside of the force org chart like Astra Militarum tech priests? New Shok Attack Gun looks awesome and if I didn't already have four of them I'd pick one up myself.

Mek Gunz/ Big Gunz are definitely the highlight of issue. All the original Big Gunz are still there only they're cheaper and can be taken in squads of five. Which makes lobbas even better since for 90 points Orks basically get a Thunderfire cannon. Spend a few more points on ammo runts and Orks get a Wyvern. Since the guns don't have to all be the same type anymore you can throw a bubble chukka in with the battery of lobbas for some extra randomness.

The Smasha Gun is alright as a an anti-vehicle gun but you'll still have a hard time with AV 13 and 14 since you'll need to roll a 5 or 6 to effectively damage heavy armor with it. The kustom mega-kannons are amazing. They're orky plasma cannons only they're better because they're strength 8. The Traktor kannon is just a mean anti-air gun. Forcing immobilized results on glances, and grounding tests at -3 is just sick. You can shoot skimmers with it too thanks to the new sky fire rules.

At one point one of the designers was talking about the Blitza Bommer and mentioned the boom bomb was AP 2. It's currently AP 4. So this either means the Blitza Bommer is getting updated or GW needs to hire some damn editors.

At the end is a little column called "Codex: Apocrypha Notes from the Worlds of Warhammer. This week Orky invenshons." It talks about the Tellyportas. The Kustom Blasta-X which was a unique gun used by the Bad Moon Warboss Nazdreg. Bomb Squigs (Adam Troke did suggest to "get your Tanks Bustas out of mothballs") Da Vulcha which is the plane Boss Zagstruk and his storm boyz jump out of, and the Splatta Kannon which is a cannon that shoots chain shot. Now I don't know if this all stuff thats going to be in the new codex or if this is going to end up being like the Tyranids "come read about all the cool stuff you can't use anymore like Yum Garl Genestealers". Next weeks issue is about wierdboyz so maybe we'll see the new orky psychic powers.
Should the miserable Grot crews survive for long they will soon become deafened and have to resort to a rudimentary system of sign language. This is rarely successful as there are only so many signs a Grot can carry around with him.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2014, 03:24:39 AM »
They're really slow rolling the hell out of this codex, huh?  I bet they're quite happy with themselves.

Fortunately, it does sound awesome.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Mad Dok Rob

• Paragon Tier Level 16
  • Da Orks are Da Best
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2014, 09:15:45 AM »
Looks good.  I eagerly await the new codex, when i can maybe buy some new stuff.  I would love the blitza bomma to get better because i would love an excuse to buy a new plane.

i have looked at the new sprues for the Mek Gunz, and a little dissapointed.  was expecting more bitz and stuff from a 50$ kit (especially when you can put 5 in a battery).  I may just end up buying 1 and scratch build/3rd party all the others.  Really happy that all my old Kannons are still good.

So Chase, are you able to order Kromlech items through your distributors?

« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 09:59:02 AM by Mad Dok Robert »

Warhammer 40k
4,913 pts Dark Angels 

Warmachine   

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2014, 01:40:56 PM »
So Chase, are you able to order Kromlech items through your distributors?

We opened an account with E-Figures last week, so I can get a bunch of Kromlech stuff, yeah.

Shoot me an email with what you're thinking about and I can let you know for sure.

Mad Dok Rob

• Paragon Tier Level 16
  • Da Orks are Da Best
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2014, 06:40:00 PM »
So, rumor is that looted wagon is ripped from the codex and now is wd exclusive rules.  Just saw the screen shot.

The bad
-still has dont press that
-still 11/11/10 on armour
-boomgun replaced with killkannon

the good
-37 points base
-can take stuff from ork vehicle list

the awesome
-10 point deffrollas

not the 3rd edition looted tanks that I wanted, but spamming 47pt deffrollas could be fun.  So many cool things to build

Warhammer 40k
4,913 pts Dark Angels 

Warmachine   

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2014, 06:49:53 PM »
So, rumor is that looted wagon is ripped from the codex and now is wd exclusive rules.

It's fact.

Mad Dok Rob

• Paragon Tier Level 16
  • Da Orks are Da Best
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2014, 07:00:21 PM »
So, rumor is that looted wagon is ripped from the codex and now is wd exclusive rules.

It's fact.

So how does that affect the "official-ness" of looted tanks?  Not that I have ever played a 40k tourney (well, at least until next weekend), but with the WD rules, does that mean looted wagons will be kosher?

Warhammer 40k
4,913 pts Dark Angels 

Warmachine   

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2014, 07:03:39 PM »
Yup. Looted wagons, using the WD rules, will definitely be legal in any event we host.

jhobin

• Paragon Tier Level 14
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2014, 10:48:15 AM »
"I'm going to sacrifice my pyramid turtles"
-Anonymous card player who makes me wonder if I sound like this talking about 40k!

Moss:"What operating system is it running?"
Bomb Technician:"Vista!"
Moss:"Where all going to die!"

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2014, 01:32:48 PM »
Is it me, or do those rumors seems 100% awesome all the way around?

Ghazghgull is a lord of war
The stoompa is in the codex
Waaagh- They can run and charge same turn
Boarding planks adds 2inches to your move on disembarking te vehicle
Ere we go- reroll one charge die
In combat they are always fearless
Killa Kanz are now 6 a unit
Bikes are down 7 points  Can be 15 a unit
A seperate forceorg chart
9 troops
3 HQs

Pat.H

• Paragon Tier Level 12
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2014, 09:42:52 PM »
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2014/06/40k-orks-ork-codex-details-and-armylist.html

Even more ork leaks including Kaptin Badrukk being an HQ now plus talk of new Ork specific Force Org charts that have three HQ's and nine troops choices. I wonder if Snikrot will be an HQ and he can do crazy stuff like infiltrate certain numbers of units.
Should the miserable Grot crews survive for long they will soon become deafened and have to resort to a rudimentary system of sign language. This is rarely successful as there are only so many signs a Grot can carry around with him.

Pat.H

• Paragon Tier Level 12
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2014, 02:18:38 PM »
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2014/06/40k-fear-looted-wagon-warbosses-rejoice.html?m=1

More info on the new looted wagon rules. Supposedly kill kannons are strength 8 now according to one of the designers. Then again two separate designers said the Gork and Morkanauts had twin linked rokkit launchas (they don't) . If true my three looted wagon list might become a six looted wagon list. With four Shok Attack guns. So that Bitz bonanza still happening Chase?

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2014, 06:51:08 PM »
So that Bitz bonanza still happening Chase?

The July schedule is weird due to the 4th being on a Friday, a Magic Prerelease the weekend after that, a Magic set release the weekend after that, and a bigger thing going on in the area the last weekend of the month.

Timing is important on our end though.  I don't want a looming Bitz Bonanza to steal or stifle the potential for new Ork sales.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 06:53:48 PM by Chase »

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2014, 07:01:22 PM »
I'm probably going to forget, but I have a post-Bitz Bonzana idea. Chase, it's your job to forget I mentioned this.