Author Topic: Da Orks iz a Coming!!!!  (Read 13602 times)

Pat.H

• Paragon Tier Level 12
Re: Da Orks iz a Coming!!!!
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2014, 12:17:05 AM »
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2014/06/40k-ork-kustom-gubbins-unveiled.html

The relic wargear from WAAAGH!!! Ghazgul!!! I like that Choppa of da Ragnarork. Also that Mega force field is pretty good too if a bit pricy. You give it to a Big Mek and put him next to or in a Stompa or Gorkanaut with a mek-boy repair crew and you'll have a pretty scary walking monstrosity. Put it on a bike and have him ride down next to your trukks and battlewagons. I'm curious to see what the detachment is and how many different formations there actually are.
Should the miserable Grot crews survive for long they will soon become deafened and have to resort to a rudimentary system of sign language. This is rarely successful as there are only so many signs a Grot can carry around with him.

Sam

• Global Moderator
  • Heroic Tier Level 3
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2014, 07:59:26 PM »
Stuff that's cheaper in the new book:

Weirdboy (-10)
shokk attack gun (-10)
warbike upgrade (-15)
rokkit upgrade (-5)
grots (-5 for the mob)
tankbustas (-10)
nobs (-6 for the mob; -2 per model)
Boss Snikrot (-25)
trukks (-5)
stormboyz (-15 for the mob)
deffkoptas (-5 for normal flavor, -15 for a rokkit kopta)
warbikers (-21 for the mob)
buggies (-5)
big gunz (-2)
lootas (-5)

Also, Tankbustas and Flash Gitz aren't worthless anymore. Stormboyz can be phenomenal on a Waaagh. Trukks can take rokkits for free. You can zoom your shokk attack gun around on a bike. And if it rolls a double 6, it makes a strength D vortex that scatters around for the rest of the game.

As an Ork player, I'm kind of pleased.

Pat.H

• Paragon Tier Level 12
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2014, 12:06:44 AM »
I think tankbustas are going to replace lootas as the auto include unit in ork lists this edition. The bomb squigs hit on 2's when they're released and each model is armed with melta bombs now and have tank hunter on top of that now. Even though most of the shots are strength 8, with tank hunter and the sheer volume of shots you should be able to glance even AV14 vehicles to death semi-reliably.

Also it's worth noting that tukks are in the fast attack slot now. So if for whatever reason you just wanted a trukk you don't have to take it as a dedicated transport with another unit.
Should the miserable Grot crews survive for long they will soon become deafened and have to resort to a rudimentary system of sign language. This is rarely successful as there are only so many signs a Grot can carry around with him.

Mad Dok Rob

• Paragon Tier Level 16
  • Da Orks are Da Best
    • http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2014, 09:26:26 AM »
Personally, I do not like the new codex.  The morale system and the whole "no way to get invul saves in CC" kind of kill it for me.  Dakkajets getting more expensive (seriously?), Ghaz getting worse, Kanz getting much worse, trukks getting much worse (even though I do not use them), etc.  And then the supplement looks really bad too...having to challenge, even worse morale system, etc.  Was just going to shelve the boyz because they did not look like fun to play...not really interested in "forging the narrative" and being an NPC to let SM players feel good about watching the way my LD7 hordes kill each other off...

Then, I started seeing some snipits about the formations in the Ghaz book.  Scouting battlewagons, Snikrot Commandos, and a possibly effective green tide.  Ok, GW, you have piqued my interest a little bit.
http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/

Warhammer 40k
6,914 pts Waaagh Dakkagut (Goff Orks)
4,913 pts Dark Angels 

Warmachine   
     183 pts Protectorate of Menoth

Pat.H

• Paragon Tier Level 12
« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2014, 02:16:12 PM »
With the Finkin Cap you can pull some pretty serious shenanigans. It gives you a strategic warlord trait in addition to your normal one. One of the warlord traits on that table is infiltrate your warlord and three non-vehicle units of your choice. So if you take a combined arms detachment that lets you reroll the warlords traits table results and take the Finkin cap for only ten points then there's a good chance you can get the infiltrate three units trait. You take four units of thirty boyz and stick your warlord with one of them. You can now infiltrate one-hundred boyz.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 06:06:28 PM by Pat.H »

coolrick5

• 6200 proxy points of Salamanders
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2014, 03:52:13 PM »
The finkin caps like you can pull some pretty serious shenanigans. It gives you a strategic warlord trait in addition to your normal one. One of the warlord traits on that table is infiltrate your warlord and three non-vehicle units of your choice. So you take a combined arms detachment that lets you reroll the warlords traits table results and take the Finkin cap for only ten points there a good chance you can get the infiltrate three units trait. You take four units of thirty boyz and stick your warlord with one of them. You can now infiltrate one-hundred boyz.

oh god the horror....
Due to some screwup in their gene-seed genetic radiation protection, all Salamanders are black...We're talking coal black, pitch black, hexadecimal code #000000, the missing word in the phrase "...as the void of space." That kind of black. With glowing red eyes.

Pat.H

• Paragon Tier Level 12
« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2014, 10:10:12 PM »
http://natfka.blogspot.com/2014/06/waagh-ghazghkull-contains-quite-few.html

More info on WAAAGH!!! Ghazgull. Lots of cool stuff it sounds like. A meganob formation that gives them WS5 Fearless, and Fear, the green tide, a dread mob type formation and some weird deathstar with Ghaz.

Mad Dok Rob

• Paragon Tier Level 16
  • Da Orks are Da Best
    • http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2014, 07:38:08 AM »
After the craptactular codex...this supplement makes it seem that maybe I will get to keep playing da boyz...too bad they did not just put it into a single book.

http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/

Warhammer 40k
6,914 pts Waaagh Dakkagut (Goff Orks)
4,913 pts Dark Angels 

Warmachine   
     183 pts Protectorate of Menoth

jhobin

• Paragon Tier Level 14
« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2014, 09:41:20 AM »
I picked up the ork cards over the weekend. I was surprised for $8 it came with the psychic cards and all the strategy cards including the new "ork"ified one's. Pretty good deal.

I can't wait to try a game with them.
"I'm going to sacrifice my pyramid turtles"
-Anonymous card player who makes me wonder if I sound like this talking about 40k!

Moss:"What operating system is it running?"
Bomb Technician:"Vista!"
Moss:"Where all going to die!"

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: July 07, 2014, 07:29:57 PM »
I can't wait until they restock them all.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

coolrick5

• 6200 proxy points of Salamanders
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: July 08, 2014, 12:17:38 AM »
I can't wait until they restock them all.

I can't wait to play another game against them...played Pat thursday and was a lot of fun with the Maelstrom of War missions
Due to some screwup in their gene-seed genetic radiation protection, all Salamanders are black...We're talking coal black, pitch black, hexadecimal code #000000, the missing word in the phrase "...as the void of space." That kind of black. With glowing red eyes.